Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
This collection consists almost exclusively of materials documenting the administration of Congregation Shaari Tephillah's plots in three New Jersey cemeteries. Congregation Shaari Tephillah was founded in 1935 as the first German-Jewish congregation formed in the United States after 1933.
This collection holds material related to Anna Perlmann, a German physician who worked in Israel at the Women’s Prison in Bethlehem, Israel; Edith Burian (née Muenz) from Austria who lived in a Kibbutz before immigrating to the U.S.; as well as material pertaining to family members and friends of Edith Burian. The collection includes correspondence, documents related to restitution payments, and photographs.
This collection pertains to the lives of Max and Eva (née Hausen) Feuermann, who were both exiled from their respective homes in Berlin in 1938. It contains extensive correspondence between Eva and her parents, who remained in Berlin, up until 1943, as well as documents relating to Max’s academic and professional life prior to exile. Half of the collection consists of materials of the Free Sons of Israel Benevolent Association, Liberty Lodge No. 192, a Jewish cultural association and burial society in New York; these records consist largely of cemetery plot deeds.