Found in 16 Collections and/or Records:
The collections contains two variously annotated typescripts of Eric Werner’s book ‘A voice still heard : the sacred songs of the Ashkenazic Jews’, New York, G. Schirmer, 1978. Also included are various related materials as well as the correspondence between Eric Werner and Fred Grubel at the Leo Baeck Institute.
This collection contains Hebrew, Yiddish and English sheet music compositions, programs, playbills, and reviews, with extensive files relating to the operas "The Golem" and "The Thief and the Hangman" and the musical "Great to Be Alive." There are also some photographs and correspondence.
The collection contains the correspondence between the writer and artist Rafaello (Lello) Busoni and the violinist Gerhard Meyer-Sichting from 1955 until Busoni’s death in 1962. Also included are diary entries; drawings; poems; and photographs. The majority of the materials relate to the creative and scholarly work of the two artists, as well as their familial life and their personal thoughts or opinions about art exhibitions, theater, and opera visits.
This collection consists primarily of manuscripts, printed articles and reviews, notes, news clippings, and other source material of Blumenthal’s published books and articles. In addition, the collection includes personal materials such as genealogical information, photographs, correspondence, and several travel diaries.
Collection consists of one item, a cornerstone laying program for the Congregation's new synagogue, dated May 24, 1875. The program includes the order of service, a hymn by Rev. Henry Gersoni, and a list of the members of the building committee.
Correspondence of Karl Adler with individuals, including Theodor Baeuerle, Martin Buber, Alexander Dillmann, Theodor Heuss, Paul Hindemith, Otto Hirsch, Kurt Georg Kiesinger, Paul Rieger, and Hans Walz; correspondence with family members, including letters written as a soldier during World War I and the November Revolution.
The collection documents the National Jewish Welfare Board's (JWB) evolution from an organization founded in 1917 to provide support for soldiers in times of war to an agency involved in all aspects of Jewish life both in the United States and abroad. In 1990 JWB recreated itself as the Jewish Community Centers Association of North America.
This collection consists of material pertaining to the activities of the Forum founded by A.W. Binder as a society for the advancement of Jewish musical culture. Included is the society's publication, Jewish Music Forum bulletin, board meeting minutes, program announcements, invitations to meetings, membership lists and correspondence.
The Records of the YIVO Ethnographic Committee is a sub-group of Record Group 1, Records of YIVO - Vilna. The activities of the Ethnographic Committee consisted of collecting folklore materials, preparing and analyzing folklore questionnaires, corresponding with folklore collectors throughout the world, and maintaining a museum. This collection also includes surviving fragments of the collections of the S. Ansky Jewish Historical and Ethnographic Society which was active in Vilna from 1920 until 1940, and of Invayskult, also known as the Jewish Bureau of the Belorussian Academy of Science in Minsk (founded in 1925 and dissolved in the 1930s). Record Group 1.2 includes both administrative files of the aforementioned institutions and folklore and historical materials, which were gathered in these institutions' archives.