Found in 24 Collections and/or Records:
The collection holds clippings from local German newspapers and journals pertaining to the former Jewish community in Aschaffenburg, Germany. Also included are issues of the journal Spessart and a brochure, "Aschaffenburg : Vergangen, nicht verfessen – Sieben Jahrhunderte jüdische Gemeinde in Aschaffenburg, 1984“.
The collection consists of various materials covering aspects of the Berlin Jewish community’s history from the 1880s to the 1990s, concentrating on documents from the community’s sole official congregation, “Jüdische Gemeinde zu Berlin”.
The collection contains manuscripts and other documents as well as publications pertaining to the Jewish community in Breslau.
The Congregation B’nai Jacob Collection includes materials documenting the history of the congregation and includes bank statements, circulars, correspondence, documents, membership lists, minutes of Annual Meetings, journals containing information about the congregation’s cemetery, a prayer book, and rubber stamps.
This collection consists almost exclusively of materials documenting the administration of Congregation Shaari Tephillah's plots in three New Jersey cemeteries. Congregation Shaari Tephillah was founded in 1935 as the first German-Jewish congregation formed in the United States after 1933.
List of names of Jewish residents & businesses of Gedern and Ober-Seemen as of 1933. Photographs of the Jewish cemetery of Ober-Seemen.
Isaac Bitton (1926- ) was born in Lisbon, Portugal. He immigrated to Palestine in the early 1940s where he would go on to serve in the Jewish Brigade of the British Army and later the Israeli Defense Force. He and his family moved to the US in 1959, eventually settling in Woodstock, Illinois. He was a successful executive and philanthropist. This collection contains correspondence and addresses related to the efforts of Isaac Bitton in the restoration of the Jewish cemetery in Faro, Portugal and the recognition of Portuguese diplomat Aristides de Sousa Mendes in the aid given to Jewish refugees from Nazi Germany. The collection also contains some material related to his work with the US government, in particular the Small Business Administration.
The file contains documentation of the Jewish cemeteries in Bad Kreuznach County: photographs of the gravestones, transcripts and translations of the inscriptions that appear on them and correspondence.
This collection contains two volumes of biographical notes on individual congregation members that Warschauer created for use in eulogies, as well as a small amount of correspondence and biographical material on Warschauer himself.
The collection contains documentation of the life of Moritz Schweizer, particularly his persecution during World War II. Included in the collection is a diary excerpt listing concentration camp victims he buried after his liberation; correspondence; documents pertaining to his emigration from Germany to Amsterdam; documents pertaining to his internment in Westerbork and Bergen-Belsen; information kept by Schweizer on children in the orphanage at Bergen-Belsen; and letters of sympathy to his wife after his death.
This collection contains Siegfried Guggenheim's handwritten manuscript on the Offenbacher Haggadah, statutes of the burial society (ḥevra kaddisha) and some other original documents, and various other materials pertaining to the Offenbach community.
The papers of Iyda Hirsh Levitt are composed of two sections: (1) Notes derived from Ms. Hirsh Levitt’s work serving as the secretary for Rev. Dr. David de Sola Pool and (2) genealogical family trees for five families dating back to the colonial period, prior to the Revolutionary War. Dr. Pool served as the spiritual leader for Congregation Shearith Israel-the Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue of New York from 1907 till his death in 1970. Ms. Hirsh Levitt worked as his secretary from 1935 till 1945.
The collection contains materials related to various activities of the Congregation Mikveh Israel, one of the oldest synagogues in the United States. There is a variety of documents, including correspondence, annual reports, addresses, programs, printed materials, reports, and materials pertaining to the synagogue's burial ground.
This collection contains manuscripts, genealogical tables, photographs, clippings, and correspondence originating from Rolf Hofmann's genealogical research on Jewish communities in southern Germany from the 17th century to the present, including extensive materials from his Harburg Project.
This collection contains two original documents dating to the 17th and 18th centuries concerning the legal status of a Jewish community and the sale of a piece of land to the community. There are also photocopies and transcriptions of the burial register, pre-war photographs of the Jewish cemetery, and a clipping on the community's history.
The collection consists mainly of clippings from German and British newspapers collected by Stephen Nicholls, documenting his interest in Jewish communities in the German East as well as Jewish-German relations in general, anti-Semitism, etc. Also included are reprints of several of his manuscripts touching on these topics and a few articles from other authors, including Ken Ambrose; Udo Beer; Frauke Dettmer; Peter Pulzer; Judith Sternberg; and Martin Tielke.
This collection contains a original documents dating back to the 19th century, clippings and articles, correspondence, programs, pamphlets, photographs and pieces of writing relating to the Jewish community and synagogue of Worms.