Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
The collection documents the National Jewish Welfare Board's (JWB) evolution from an organization founded in 1917 to provide support for soldiers in times of war to an agency involved in all aspects of Jewish life both in the United States and abroad. In 1990 JWB recreated itself as the Jewish Community Centers Association of North America.
The collection documents Rabbi Philip Goodman’s involvement with the American Jewish Historical Society, the early years of the Orthodox Union, the Institutional Synagogue in Harlem and its day camp, the Army and Navy commission of the Jewish Welfare Board during World War II, a fraternal club originating in the Uptown Talmud Torah, The Jewish Book Council of America, The Townsend Harris High School and its Hatikvah Society, Yeshiva University, Jewish scouting, and more. The collection contains addresses, articles, bulletins, correspondence, commencement book, guest book, newsclippings, newsletters, photographs, radio broadcast transcripts, souvenir journal, and yearbook.