Found in 15 Collections and/or Records:
The collection consists of various materials covering aspects of the Berlin Jewish community’s history from the 1880s to the 1990s, concentrating on documents from the community’s sole official congregation, “Jüdische Gemeinde zu Berlin”.
The collection contains documents and correspondence relating to the family of Julius Bernstein of Chemnitz, who headed the Marshel Frank Sachs A.G. in Chemnitz until his death in 1935. Included are birth, citizenship, and marriage certificates, eulogies for Julius and his wife, Elly Franck who perished in a car wreck in 1927. There are also biographical outlines and the 1935 Geschaeftsbericht (business report) for Marschel Frank Sachs A.G. in Chemnitz and the 1934 Satzungen (Statutes) and correspondence regarding Kurt Bernstein's immigration attempts and search for work under the Third Reich and afterwards. Folder 2 contains a manuscript regarding family history in Ostpreussen.
This collection contains a broad range of materials offering insights into the Jewish community of Cologne throughout the 19th and 20th century. Included are a few original documents from 1880 to the 1930s, photocopies of various community and legal documents, as well as brochures and booklets pertaining to Cologne community and welfare organizations.
This collection is comprised of papers belonging to the German architect Fritz Nathan, who emigrated to the United States via Holland in 1940. Nathan designed synagogues, department stores, and houses, among other types of buildings. The collection consists mainly of blueprints and architectural plans, but also includes documents, photographs, negatives, sketches, and drawings. The documents are primarily correspondence, and focus on Fritz Nathan's work, but also contain a large amount of information on restitution for the Nathan family. In addition, the collection contains some papers on Fritz Nathan's family members: Lucie, Otto, and Doris Nathan.
The Larry Racioppo Synagogue Photograph Collection consists of photographs of numerous synagogues, primarily within New Jersey and the five boroughs of New York. A majority of the photographs were taken for the Temples calendar which was published for the year 2000 calendar. The images were taken throughout 1999 and depict the synagogues as they stood in 1999.
The collection consists primarily of architectural plans for Jewish community Centers prepared by Troller in his capacity as architectural designer for the J.W.B. Building Bureau, as well as plans for other Jewish institutional buildings such as a synagogue center, an old age home, a kindergarten, etc.
The Rachel Wischnitzer Collection contains correspondence, lecture notes, photographs, lantern slides, and negatives documenting Rachel Wischnitzer’s career as an art historian, curator, professor, consultant, and author. Also included are correspondence, records, and photographs pertaining to her husband Mark Wischnitzer’s work as a historian, editor, and Secretary General of the Hilfsverein der Deutschen Juden.
This collection contains the correspondence (1868-1872) of Sir Moses Montefiore to Charles Meyer, President of the congregation, acknowledging donations made for the poor in Jerusalem. Includes an official acknowledgment in Hebrew by representatives of the Jerusalem community.
This collection contains photocopies of a schematic and artistic drawing of the Temple, and an article from the Texas Jewish post (Dec. 13, 1984) describing its history and restoration efforts.