Synagogues -- Organization and administration
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Collection consists of a contract with D.S. Sprince, hiring him as rabbi of the congregation for three years, signed by David Sperber, president, and Levi Kert, secretary, of the congregation.
Collection contains items relating to Abraham Goldstein and his son, Bernhard (b. 1840); for Abraham, a deed for a plot of land in the Salem Field cemetery of Emanuel Congregation (1853), a statement for his pew in the synagogue (1868), and his will (1874); for Bernhard, an invitation to his wedding (1871), and a transcript of his citizenship papers (1883).
The Jewish Center of Bayside Hills was founded in 1952 by young couples settling in the area after WWII. These records consist of draft constitutions, newspaper clippings, photographs, and negatives. The photographs encompass the inaugural meeting, the building dedication ceremony, an election forum, and entertainment events.
The Leon Kronish Papers incorporate the personal and professional papers of Rabbi Leon Kronish with the organizational records of Temple Beth Sholom in Miami Beach, Florida, where he served as spiritual leader for over fifty years. Included are sermons, correspondence, memorandums, newsletters, worship service manuals, programs, pamphlets, greeting cards, administrative records, financial records, notes, clippings, scrapbooks, photographs, and sound recordings.
This collection contains a photocopy of the constitution, by-laws, and charter of the congregation, to which is attached a list of signatures of the members (1850).
Collection contains two kabbalot, in Hebrew, from Rabbi Bernhard L. Levinthal of Philadelphia and Rabbi B.S. Rabiner of New York, certifying Seelav's competency as a shohet. Also contains an English letter testifying to his appointment as rabbi of Congregation Agudath Achim of Philadelphia; and one photograph.