Jewish old age homes
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
This collection documents the work of Heinrich Stahl, chairman of the Jewish community in Berlin from 1933-1942. The collection contains eleven photo albums, most of which feature photographs detailing Jewish institutions such as children's homes and old-age homes, as well as an office of the Jüdische Winterhilfe. In addition, the collection contains correspondence, including from Stahl's time as chairman, clippings, and a few reports.
The Lilli Liegner Collection centers on the work of this social worker and her role within the Jüdischer Frauenbund in Breslau. A smaller amount of material relates to the history and individual members of the Liegner and Rawicz families. Included in this collection are reports, correspondence, organizational papers and newspaper clippings on the Jüdischer Frauenbund of Breslau. In addition, the collection contains personal and official papers of family members along with a family tree and personal correspondence.
The Lithuanian Jewish Communities Collection is comprised of documents relating to Jewish cultural, religious, social, political, and economic life in approximately 150 towns in Lithuania. The bulk of the collection pertains to the period between 1919 and 1926, when elements of a system of Jewish national autonomy existed within the Lithuanian state, including a Ministry of Jewish Affairs and governmentally empowered Jewish community councils. Smaller parts of the collection relate to the periods before (1860-1918) and after (1927-1940) the autonomy.
The collection consists primarily of architectural plans for Jewish community Centers prepared by Troller in his capacity as architectural designer for the J.W.B. Building Bureau, as well as plans for other Jewish institutional buildings such as a synagogue center, an old age home, a kindergarten, etc.
This collection contains annual reports, pamphlets, brochures, a dedication booklet, and a silver anniversary program. Also included is the following publication: The Sephardic Home for the Aged News (1950-1994).
The Sephardic Home for the Aged served as a nursing and rehabilitation center for the Sephardic Jewish community of New York City from 1951-2014. While this collection spans the institution’s history, the bulk of the records stems from 1988-2011. The largest portions of the collection are the photographs and Board of Directors files. Also included are the by-laws and constitution, general administrative files, event files, and files of the Ladies Auxiliary of the Sephardic Home Association (LASHA).