Found in 96 Collections and/or Records:
American Soviet Jewry Movement Photographs Collection
This is an artificial collection that contains digitized photographs and slides selected from various collections in the Archives of the American Soviet Jewry Movement, and other related collections at the American Jewish Historical Society. The physical part of the collection consists of one manuscript box containing 415 photographs that were separated from their parent collections.
Aschaffenburg; Jewish Community Collection
The collection holds clippings from local German newspapers and journals pertaining to the former Jewish community in Aschaffenburg, Germany. Also included are issues of the journal Spessart and a brochure, "Aschaffenburg : Vergangen, nicht verfessen – Sieben Jahrhunderte jüdische Gemeinde in Aschaffenburg, 1984“.
Aufhaeuser Family Collection
The following families are mentioned in this collection:
Baden Aargau, Switzerland
Baden; Jewish Community Collection
Government decrees, reports, manuscripts, clippings and other materials pertaining to Jewish communities in Baden (Germany)
B'nai B'rith Philatelic collection
Collection consists of first day of issue stamps issued by the U.S. Post office. Included with each stamp is a biographical or historical sketch of Jewish history as it relates to the stamp's theme. Sketches are organized alphabetically by subject.
Board of Delegates of American Israelites Records
The Records of the Board of Delegates of American Israelites (1859-1878) documents the life cycle of the Board of Delegates, a Jewish civil rights organization located in New York City. The Board served in a two-fold function: acting as a central organization for American Jews and working on behalf of Jews abroad. To the latter end, the Delegates collaborated with the Committee of Deputies of British Jews and the French Alliance Israélite Universelle to provide for the relief and aid, civil, and religious rights of Jews throughout the Americas, Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East, particularly Romania, Ottoman Palestine including Jerusalem, and Morocco.
In the U.S., the Delegates were partially responsible for the appointment of the first Jewish Military Chaplain and surveyed member synagogues concerning the history and size of their congregation, the first organization to systematically record this type of information in the States. The Delegates merged with the Union of American Hebrew Congregations (UAHC) in 1878 and dissolved in 1925. Correspondents include Adolph Crémieux, Sir Moses Montefiore, Benjamin Franklin Peixotto, Isaacs S. Myer, the Rev. Dr. Arnold Fischel, and Maj. General Benjamin Butler. Documents include correspondence, minutes, committee reports, memorials, announcements, surveys, some printed material including clippings, and a 1932 Rabbinical thesis on the Delegates by Allan Tarshish.
Breslau (now Wroclaw, Poland) Jewish Community Collection
The collection contains manuscripts and other documents as well as publications pertaining to the Jewish community in Breslau.
Buchau Jewish Community Collection
This collection contains a original and photocopied clippings and articles, documents, booklets, photographs and pieces of writing pertaining to the Jewish community of Buchau.
Cahnman Foundation Collection
This collection contains the records of Ira H. Jolles’ activities with the Cahnman Foundation, a philanthropic organization which funded projects dedicated to the preservation and care of Jewish archives, architecture, and culture. It consists primarily of correspondence relating to funded projects, including their planning and scope. Also included are several years worth of Board of Director meeting minutes and select legal documents from the Estate of Gisella Levi Cahnman.
Cologne Jewish Community Collection
This collection contains a broad range of materials offering insights into the Jewish community of Cologne throughout the 19th and 20th century. Included are a few original documents from 1880 to the 1930s, photocopies of various community and legal documents, as well as brochures and booklets pertaining to Cologne community and welfare organizations.
Congregation Am Echod (Waukegan, Ill.) Minute Book
This collection contains the by-laws, official minutes and financial records of the synagogue, written in Yiddish.
Congregation Beth Hillel Collection
The collection holds official paperwork and publications of Congregation Beth Hillel in Washington Heights. The majority of this congregation had emigrated from Munich, with an additional number of émigrés from Nuremberg. Prominent members of this congregation included the former leading Rabbi of the Munich Main Synagogue, Rabbi Leo Baerwald, as well as businessman and president of the congregation, Hermann Schuelein.
Congregation Beth Israel (Flint, MI) collection
This collection contains the following publications: Bulletin (1940-1969) and individual publications (1948-1958).
Congregation Beth Jacob (Atlanta, Ga.) Collection
This collection consists of publications issued by the Congregation, Torah Day School, and Yeshiva High School. Beth Jacob publications include a copy of the dedication ceremony in 1956, issues of Beth Jacob Magazine (1974-1980, with gaps), a timeline of Atlanta Jewish history (1843-1985), and a history of the Congregation's first fifty years (1943-1993). An issue of TDSA Today (Spring 1990) and an invitation to the Yeshiva's annual dinner in 1993 is also available.
Congregation Kenesseth Israel (Minneapolis, Minn.) records
Collection consists of marriage and conversion certificates, financial statements, flyers, newsletters, and programs issued by Congregation Kenesseth Israel. One folder is devoted to bulletins concerning other Jewish organizations in Minneapolis, including the Jewish Home for the Aged of the Northwest, Bloomenson Foundation, and Jewish Community Center of Greater Minneapolis. Miscellaneous news clippings pertaining to Jewish life and Israel are also included, as well as a 1954 pamphlet titled "You are Not Alone," to assist parents of retarded children. The pamphlet was issued by the State of Minnesota, Department of Public Welfare.
Congregation Ohav Sholaum Collection
This collection contains records of the German-Jewish Orthodox Congregation Ohav Sholaum of Washington Heights, New York, such as by-laws, correspondence of its long-time rabbi, Ralph Neuhaus, and documents relating to its charitable organization Gemiluth Chessed of Washington Heights. It also includes sheet music used by the congregation's choir.
Congregation Tifereth Israel, Collection
The Congregation Tifereth Israel, commonly known as “the Temple” was the first Reform Jewish congregation in Cleveland, and was established in 1850. It quickly became one of the most prominent Reform congregations in the country, and has a large membership to this day. The collection includes newsletters and programs, a book that tells the history of the congregation’s first 100 years, and other material related to the student Zionist group Ayukah.
Congregation Zichron Jehuda (New York, NY) lease
Congregation Zichron Jehuda was located at 350 East 85th Street, New York, NY. The Congregation leased an apartment to Jacob Fried on the first floor of the building. Emil Perlmutter, Secretary of the congregation, signed the lease.
Edward Luft Collection
Various articles, excerpts, maps, and books related to the Jewish community in Posen/Poznan, collected by Edward Luft.
Frankfurt am Main Jewish Community Collection
This collection contains a wide range of materials, ranging from personal correspondence to programs and mass mailings, which for the most part have to do with various community institutions and membership organizations of the pre-war Frankfurt community.
Garment Center Congregation (New York, NY) collection
This collection is comprised of the following publication: The Courier (1934-1936, 1965).
Gazette of the United States, George Washington letter to Hebrew Congregation of Savannah
Collection consists of one item, the June 19, 1790 issue of the Gazette of the United States. Within this issue, an address made by Levi Sheftal, President of the Hebrew Congregation of Savannah, GA to President Washington was printed alongside President George Washington's reply.
Gelnhausen, Jewish Community Collection
The collection consists mainly of the correspondence of Johanna Boetz, Richard Scheuer and the city of Gelnhausen about its Jewish community in general and particularly about the rededication of the local synagogue on September 25, 1986. Also included are press releases and newsletters, manuscripts such as "Das Schicksal der Juden im Main-Kinzig-Kreis, Jugendliche suchen eine Erklaerung," and clippings.
Genesis Agudas Achim Congregation (Tuckahoe, N.Y.) yearbooks
The yearbooks span the following years: 1966, 1972-1976, 1978-1998.
Gerstle-Reichenberger Family Collection
This collection contains genealogical materials and correspondence related to the Gerstle, Reichenberger, and other families.
Giessen Community Collection
The collection contains original documents from the first half of the 19th century regarding decrees made affecting the Jewish community, found in folder 1. Folder 2 contains the programs accompanying the 1992 and 1994 award of the Hedwig-Burgheim Medaille, given in 1992 to Rabbi Henry G. Brandt, the program also includes articles commemorating the 50th anniversary of deportation. The 1994 award was given to provost Helmut Grün and the book includes documentation on rebuilding of synagogue in Giessen.
Gleiwitz (now Gliwice, Poland) Jewish Community Collection
This collection contains manuscripts on the history of the Gleiwitz community, with an emphasis on the period from 1933-1945, as well as some original programs and correspondence related to the local Bne Briss (B'nai Brith) lodge and deportation lists.
Gates of Heaven Synagogue (Madison, Wis.) collection
Includes minute book of congregation (in German and English), a translation of the German, and miscellaneous clippings which detail both the history of the synagogue, and its 1971 move to a new location.
Hannover Jewish Community Collection
This collection contains correspondence and printed materials related to the history of the Jewish community of Hannover.