Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Records of B'nai Brith Manhattan-Washington Lodge, No. 19
This collection contains the minute books, financial records, and membership declaration books (1918-1931) for the lodge established in 1918 by a merger of two lodges, and similar records for the individual lodges prior to the merger: Washington Lodge (1903-1917) including the list of officers (1903-1915), and Manhattan Lodge (1871-1918) including a book of sick benefits and declaration books listing names of beneficiaries of individual members of the lodge in case of death (1871-1905). Also included are the minutes of Mt. Sinai Lodge No. 270 for the years 1882-1896 and a book of applications for initiation into the lodge, 1878-1903, with personal information about the applicants (See Box 13), as well as a declaration book of Washington Irving Lodge No. 312 listing the amount and names of beneficiaries of individual members of the lodge in case of death (See Box 13).
Congregation Kahal Adath Yeshurun with Anshe Lubitz [Eldridge Street Synagogue] (New York, N.Y.) Records
Minute-books, records, ledgers, and miscellaneous material relating to activities of the Congregation, 1873(?)-1933.
Records of the Bronx Bakers Mutual Aid Association
The Bronx Bakers Mutual Aid Association was founded “by bakers and for bakers” in 1913. It provided financial support to sick or unemployed members, helped cover burial experiences for members who passed away, and held social events. The records primarily contain financial records, including dues books and ledgers of benefits paid, but also include minute books detailing the meetings that took place and the constitutions that established the rules and operations of the association.
Sarah Kussy Papers
Contains the minute book (May-December 1898) and other material of the Ladies' Patriotic Relief Society of Newark, N.J., organized to assist needy families during the Spanish-American War; a diary of the War Period, and mimeographed copies of the Kussy family genealogy and the history of Miriam Auxiliary of Oheb Shalom Congregation in Newark from 1880-1945.