Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
This collection consists of publications issued by the Congregation, Torah Day School, and Yeshiva High School. Beth Jacob publications include a copy of the dedication ceremony in 1956, issues of Beth Jacob Magazine (1974-1980, with gaps), a timeline of Atlanta Jewish history (1843-1985), and a history of the Congregation's first fifty years (1943-1993). An issue of TDSA Today (Spring 1990) and an invitation to the Yeshiva's annual dinner in 1993 is also available.
The papers of Doris H. Goldstein represent the activities of the American Soviet Jewry Movement activist from Atlanta, GA. The collection contains notes, photos and memorabilia from two trips to the USSR to meet with the Soviet Jews, a DVD recording of the program presented at an Atlanta rally on behalf of Soviet Jewry in 1987, local press coverage of Doris H. Goldstein’s activism, her correspondence and memos of the Atlanta Jewish Federation regarding Jews in the Soviet Union. Materials include memorandums, correspondence, clippings, photographs, a DVD and a scrapbook.
Collection consists of one item, a cornerstone laying program for the Congregation's new synagogue, dated May 24, 1875. The program includes the order of service, a hymn by Rev. Henry Gersoni, and a list of the members of the building committee.
The Jewish Education Service of North America (JESNA), formerly known as the American Association for Jewish Education, was founded in 1939. The Association promotes and supports Jewish education in communities throughout the United States and Canada by supplying studies of Jewish education, developing supplementary educational materials, and collaborating with Jewish organizations. This collection primarily contains the results of surveys and consequent reports, in addition to some correspondence, meeting minutes, and newsletters of the administration. Somewhat unrelated, the Jewish Media Services's files on films and filmmakers make up the last series of this collection, as JESNA took over some of the responsibilities of this organization in the early 1990s.
Contains the surviving papers of Rabbi Tobias Geffen who served as a rabbi in New York City (1904-1907), Canton, Ohio (1907-1910), and Atlanta, Georgia (1910-1970). Includes extensive correspondence with members of his family, autobiographies in Yiddish and English (several versions) and other material relating to his personal life.