Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This record group includes documents created and maintained by the Office of the President, the Office of the Executive Director and the Chair of the Division Coordinators/Directors Committee. Prominent is the Henrietta Szold series, containing correspondence by and to Szold as well as printed materials written by and about her. The files in this record group were created by a national president or executive director, or for their use, or maintained in their office during their years in office. Included are correspondence, minutes, memos, publications, reports and subject files on topics with which these individuals were involved.
Young Judaea is the oldest Zionist youth organization in the United States, established as a national organization in 1909 by the Federation of American Zionists. It was supported by Hadassah, including direct financial sponsorship from 1967-2011. The major aims of Young Judaea throughout its history have been to advance the cause of Zionism, to further the mental, moral, and physical development of Jewish youth, and to promote Jewish culture and ideals in accordance with Jewish traditions. Young Judaea has remained non-partisan and non-denominational, embracing and recruiting Jewish youth from all backgrounds.
The Youth Aliyah Records in the Hadassah Archives document Hadassah's work with multiple international organizations to rescue Jewish children from continental Europe to Palestine from 1933-1945. The collection also documents Hadassah's involvement with Youth Aliyah since 1946 in providing residential, educational, vocational, rehabilitative and therapeutic care for displaced and at-risk youth from around the world.
- German 2
- Ben-Shemen (Youth village: Ben-Shemen, Israel) 2
- Freier, Recha 2
- Freund, Miriam K. (Miriam Kottler), 1906-1999 2
- Jacobs, Rose G., 1888- 2
- Jacobson, Charlotte, 1914- 2010 2
- Jewish Agency for Israel. Youth Aliyah Department 2
- Jewish Agency for Palestine. Child and Youth Immigration Bureau 2
- Kol, Moshe, 1911-1989 2
- Meir, Golda, 1898-1978 2
- Pool, Tamar de Sola, 1893-1981 2
- Rinott, Chanoch, 1911- 2
- Shulman, Rebecca Beldner, 1896-1997 2
- Szold, Henrietta, 1860-1945 2
- Zionist Organization of America 2
- American Israel Public Affairs Committee 1
- American Zionist Medical Unit 1
- American Zionist Youth Foundation 1
- Anti-defamation League 1
- Association of Americans & Canadians in Israel 1 ∧ less