Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Additional Records of the YIVO Institute for Jewish Research in the Lithuanian Central State Archives
The materials in this collection constitute a semi-random sample of the pre-war archive that was transferred to the Central State Archives of the Lithuanian Soviet Socialist Republic following the liquidation of the Vilnius Jewish Museum in 1949. The collection includes records of YIVO work and activities, financial records, correspondence, and publications; documents about pogroms in Ukraine, and Red Army and Soviet activity in Vilna and Bialystok; and a significant amount of records of socialist, communist, and Zionist political parties, as well as associated newspapers and one-time publications.
The Annual and Mid-Winter National Conventions Records document the proceedings and outcomes of the conventions and conferences attended by Hadassah’s National Board as well as by convention delegates from the various regions of Hadassah. The conventions in particular are where local and regional leaders meet with each other and the National Board and learn about Hadassah’s various projects and committees. This record group also includes annual reports from 1926-2001.
The collection contains materials pertaining to the Zionist theater "Barak" ("Zionistische Propagandatruppe").
This collection of posters includes approximately 1,000 rare or unique items pertaining to over 100 displaced persons (DP) camps and centers in Germany, Austria, and Italy, dating primarily from 1946 to 1952. Comprised of approximately 60% handpainted and 40% printed items, it includes posters produced by diverse Jewish groups within individual camps, such as administrative and cultural committees, sports clubs, Zionist and religious groups, and landsmanshaftn; as well as organizations active throughout the camps, including the Jewish central committees in the respective countries, the World ORT Union, the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, the Jewish National Fund, and the Jewish Agency. A small number of items also document activities of the revived Jewish communities in the city centers of Munich and Vienna. Many of the posters use not only language but also color, graphic design, and pictorial and figurative elements to engage their audience with calls to entertainment, lectures, protests, and commemorations.
The collection contains various materials pertaining to Ernst Marckowicz.
The Jewish National Fund records reflect the non-profit organization’s afforestation efforts in Israel in funding partnership with Hadassah. Included in this collection are personnel records, membership lists, and convention summaries, as well as correspondence, project documentation, and publications such as press releases, and magazines.
Contains the memoirs and scrapbooks of Bluestone, concerning his numerous communal activities, especially those in the Zionist movement. A description of the collection was published by Hyman B. Grinstein in Publications of the American Jewish Historical Society, no. 35 (1939), and a detailed inventory was prepared by Harry Bluestone (n.d.).
The collection contains various material pertaining to the Rosin family and comprises 12 folders.
The collection contains various ephemera pertaining to the 20th century history of Jews in Germany and German Jews in Israel, including stamps, letters and postcards, cirulars and leaflets, and membership cards.
Over 270 items include: voluntary Jewish organization monthly dues stamps and seals; synagogue and Kosher labels; Berlin Community Council membership booklets; Jewish sport club certificates; multilingual stamps of the Harand Movement ‘against race hatred and human misery’ (including an autographed postcard photo of founder Julie Harand); and a notable collection of Jewish Veterans Relief Stamps of World War l (RJF). Jewish merchants and banks are also represented in colorful advertising labels and seals. Also included are several Nazi anti-Semitic items and post-World War II depictions of restored synagogues destroyed by Nazis.
- Leo Baeck Institute 5
- American Jewish Historical Society 3
- YIVO Institute for Jewish Research 2
- Correspondence 6
- Manuscripts (documents) 4
- Palestine -- Emigration and immigration 4
- Zionism 4
- Administrative records 3
- Photographs 3
- Publications (documents) 3
- Speeches (documents) 3
- Zionism -- Germany 3
- Archival materials 2
- Clippings (information artifacts) 2
- Financial records 2
- Germany -- Emigration and immigration -- History -- 20th century 2
- Israel 2
- Jewish women--United States--Societies and clubs 2
- Jews -- Germany -- History -- 20th century 2
- Jews, German -- Israel -- Biography 2
- Litzmannstadt-Getto (Łódź, Poland) 2
- Minutes (administrative records) 2
- New York (N.Y.) 2 ∧ less
- German 7
- English 6
- Hebrew 6
- Yiddish 4
- French 3
- Hungarian 2
- Polish 2
- Romanian; Moldavian; Moldovan 2
- Russian 2
- Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE) 1
- Czech 1
- Italian 1
- Latvian 1
- Lithuanian 1 ∧ less
- Keren Hayesod 3
- Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America 2
- Jacobson, Charlotte, 1914- 2010 2
- Jüdische Gemeinde zu Berlin. Vorstand 2
- Kartell Jüdischer Verbindungen 2
- World Socialist Union of Jewish Workers--Po'alei Zion 2
- YIVO Institute for Jewish Research 2
- American Jewish Congress 1
- American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee 1
- Bar-Ilan, Meir, 1880-1949 1
- Barondess, Joseph, 1867-1928 1
- Ben-Gurion, David, 1886-1973 1
- Betar 1
- Beth Israel Medical Center (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Blau-Weiss (Youth movement) 1
- Bluestone family 1
- Bluestone, Joseph Isaac, 1860-1934 1
- Bnai Zion (Organization) 1
- Bureau of Jewish Education (New York, N.Y.) 1 ∧ less