Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 204
Certificate of incorporation, 1919. Minutes, 1954-1972. Materials pertaining to dissolution, 1973.
Legal documents, 1930s-1940s. Minutes, 1936-1939. Financial records, 1940s-1970s. Meeting announcements. Correspondence. Materials pertaining to sale of synagogue and to the dissolution of the association. Seal.
Constitution of the Antepoler Y.M.B.A. Constitution of the Antepoler Ladies Auxiliary. Financial records, 1950s-1970s. Correspondence, 1960s-1970s. Anniversary journal. Announcements.
This collection contains the records of the Society for the History of Czechoslovak Jews, an organization founded in 1961, in New York City, by members of the Joseph Popper unit of B’nai B’rith, to foster and disseminate knowledge about the history and culture of Jews in the Czech and Slovak lands. Along with the Joseph Popper unit and, later, the Holocaust Survivors of Slovakia, the society sponsored an annual memorial service held in New York City to honor Czechoslovak Jews who perished in the Holocaust. A majority of the records are from the tenure of Rabbi Norman Patz as president (1994-2008). The materials primarily comprise correspondence, and items related to the annual memorial service, including texts of addresses, and yizkor memorial booklets. Also included are meeting minutes, letters to the membership, financial reports, writings, speeches, obituaries, clippings, photographs, and printed ephemera. The society's correspondence reflects its participation in cultural events related to Czech and Slovak Jewish history, as well as its relationship to the Jewish communities in the Czech Republic and, to a lesser extent, Slovakia; some correspondence with members contains genealogical information.
Minutes, 1937-1973. Financial report, 1948. Photograph. Correspondence. Minutes, United Lodzer Relief Committee, 1961-1967. Materials of the United Emergency Committee for the City of Lodz.
Membership book, 1934-1969. Financial records, 1948-1973. Correspondence.
Anniversary souvenir journals, 1924, 1928, 1938, 1948. Membership directory, 1949. Correspondence. Memorial book, 1975.
Constitution. Minutes, 1925-1954 (Yiddish/German written in Roman alphabet). Miscellaneous materials, including letter from artisans' union in Bircza, 1926.
Minutes (Yiddish), 1908-1919. Minutes (English), 1919-1933, 1934-1947. Dues ledger. Membership records. Correspondence.
Minute books, 1926-1939, 1940-1944, 1944-1951, 1951-1953. Three photographs, including some of Eleazar Friedman. Constitution, 1944 and constitutional amendments. Banquet programs. Miscellaneous materials including genealogical and historical information about the family.
Constitution. Minutes, 1956-1970. Financial records. Correspondence. Cemetery map.
Constitution. Minutes, 1943-1963. Financial records, 1930s-1960s. Membership records. Materials pertaining to burial, including three cemetery maps, 1925-1973. Materials pertaining to anniversary celebrations, including souvenir journals. Meeting announcements, 1940s-1970s.
Rules and by-laws. Financial records. Loan fund materials. Cemetery records. Correspondence. Seal.
Minutes, 1963-1971. Materials pertaining to burial. Anniversary journal.
Constitution. Minutes, 1953-1970. Financial records pertaining to relief activities in Poland, Germany, Israel. Correspondence pertaining to World War II relief activities, 1941-1976. Untitled manuscript of Jacob Fogel's memoirs of Brzeziny. Anniversary journals, newspaper clippings, photographs, miscellaneous membership records, materials pertaining to the Breziner memorial book.
Constitution. Minutes, 1937-1948 (German, English). Financial records, 1942-1958. Betshutsher nudnik, handwritten Yiddish newspaper, three issues, 1921-1922. Materials pertaining to the Circle of Buczaczer Friends. Photographs.
Constitution. Minutes, 1947-1962. Correspondence. Yortsayt (commemoration of the dead) book. Photographs. Memorial book, 1965. Anniversary journals, including those of the New York-Boston Busker Relief Association and the Busker Orphan Asylum Foundation. Materials pertaining to the landsmanshaft in Israel, including statutes, 1957.
Certificate of incorporation, 1924. Minutes, 1970-1972. Financial records, 1930s-1970s. Membership records, 1950s-1970s. Correspondence. Anniversary materials. Banner.
Constitutions. Minutes, 1948-1972. Financial records, 1931-1968. Membership records. Cemetery maps. Correspondence. Seal. Stamps.
Minutes, 1966-1975. Financial records, 1958-1975. Membership records, 1958-1975. Seal.
Constitution, correspondence, receipts, photographs, certificate. Memoirs of the donor of the collection.
Minutes, United Brothers of the Town of Smila, 1932-1943. Certificate of consolidation, 1962. Correspondence from Smela to the New York landsmanshaft and to the Smiller Benevolent Association in Philadelphia, 1910-1914, 1922, 1931-1932. Lists of relief packages received in the USSR, 1922, 1942-1948. Newspaper clippings. Notes in preparation of the Smeler memorial book. Souvenir journal of the Joint Smela Relief, Inc., 1938. Receipts from the Relief Committee for the Smeler Political Convicts.
Pinkas (record book), containing minutes and membership lists, 1923-1946.
Constitutions. Minutes of a memorial meeting, 1975. Financial records. Souvenir journals, 1940, 1978. Correspondence. Bulletins, 1946-1979. Memorial book, 1958.
Certificate of incorporation, 1909. Minutes, 1929-1964. Constitution, Antepolier Untershtitsungs Verein. Charter, United Antipoler Association, 1909. Postcards, Antopol.
Minutes, 1934-1964. Burial permits.
Minutes, 1924-1950s. Ledgers, loan books, stamps, correspondence, photograph.
Financial records, 1940s-1970s. Materials pertaining to burial. Seal.
Minutes, 1943-1967. Financial records, 1943-1967. Membership records, 1920-1967. Burial permits, 1914-1966. Correspondence, 1950s-1960s. Announcements, cemetery map, seal.
- YIVO Institute for Jewish Research 193
- American Jewish Historical Society 6
- American Sephardi Federation 3
- Leo Baeck Institute 2
- Fraternal organizations -- New York (State) -- New York. 192
- Jews -- Charities -- New York (State) -- New York. 189
- Jews -- New York (State) -- New York -- Societies, etc. 186
- New York (N.Y.) -- Social life and customs. 177
- Landsmanshaftn -- New York (State) -- New York 165
- Landsmanshaftn -- New York (State) -- New York. 165
- Immigrants -- United States. 159
- Mutual aid societies, Jewish -- New York (State) -- New York 153
- Mutual aid societies, Jewish -- New York (State) -- New York. 153
- Jews -- Genealogy -- New York (State) -- New York -- Genealogy. 88
- New York (N.Y.) -- Genealogy. 84
- Burial -- New York (State) -- New York. 47
- Photographic prints 44
- Cemeteries -- New York (State) -- New York. 36
- Jewish women -- New York (State) -- New York -- Societies and clubs. 28
- New York (N.Y.) -- Religious life and customs. 23
- Mutual aid societies -- New York (State) -- New York 22
- Jewish fraternal orders -- New York (State) -- New York 19
- Jewish fraternal orders -- New York (State) -- New York. 19
- Fraternal organizations 11 + ∧ less
- English 201
- German 18
- Yiddish 17
- Hebrew 5
- Czech 1
- French 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Hungarian 1
- Italian 1
- Ladino 1
- Slovak 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1 + ∧ less
- Jewish Community of New York City 4
- American Federation for Polish Jews 2
- Britchaner Bessarabian Relief Association (New York, N.Y.) 2
- Glatstein, Jacob, 1896-1971 2
- Workmen's Circle (U.S.) 2
- Yivo Institute for Jewish Research 2
- Abraham Cohen Benevolent Society 1
- Adler, Y., 1874-1974 1
- Albright, Madeleine Korbel 1
- Alexandrowsker Relief (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Almi, A. 1
- American Council for Warsaw Jews 1
- American Federation of Arts 1
- American Jewish Congress 1
- Anikster Benevolent Pischei Tshuvo Association 1
- Antepoler Young Ladies' Auxiliary (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Antepoler Young Men's Benevolent Association 1
- Antepolier Untershtitzung Verein (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Asch, Sholem, 1880-1957 1
- Associated Benevolent Young Men 1 + ∧ less