Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This Collection contains correspondence relating to Diamond's legal and political career, during which he served as Corporation Counsel for the City of Buffalo, New York State Supreme Court Justice, and on the faculty of the University of Buffalo Law School; material on his activities in the mayoral, gubernatorial, and presidential political campaigns, 1928-1952, among which was the chairmanship of the Buffalo Volunteers for Stevenson, and on his extensive communal and philanthropic activities.
The material concerning his philanthropic activites is cprimarily concerned with the American Civil Liberties Union, the Buffalo Jewish Center, the United Jewish Fund of Buffalo, the United Jewish Appeal, the American Jewish League for Israel, the American-Israel Cultural Foundation, the American Fund for Israel Institutions, the American Friends of the Hebrew University, the State of Israel Bonds, the Independent Zionists of America, the American Zionist Council and the American Christian Palestine Committee.
Collection also includes materials from the Civic Affairs Committee of Erie County; the Children's Aid Society; the United War and Community Fund; the Emergency Committee to Save the Jewish People of Europe; anti-Nazi materials; material on civil rights and anti-discrimination legislation; the problem of church and education; speeches; general correspondence; newspaper clippings; and memorabilia.
Coordinating Committee of Jewish Organizations Dealing with Employment Discrimination in War Industries, records
Collection contains the minutes of meetings of various committees, position papers, and correspondence with agencies and individuals.
The General Jewish Council was an umbrella organization founded by the American Jewish Committee, American Jewish Congress, B’nai B’rith, and Jewish Labor Committee in order to coordinate their rights defense activities.
The bulk of the records in this collection date between from 1938-1944, the active years of the Council. Materials consist primarily of correspondence, minutes, memoranda, and reports.
This collection documents the activities, administration, planning, proceedings, and correspondence of the National Jewish Community Relations Advisory Council, 1944-1994. The collection includes correspondence, programs, minutes, proposals, reports, clippings, press releases, and publications.
- Antisemitism 2
- Civil rights 2
- Clippings (information artifacts) 2
- Emigration and immigration 2
- Memorandums 2
- Minutes (administrative records) 2
- New York (N.Y.) 2
- New York (State) 2
- Speeches (documents) 2
- United States 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Jews 2
- Administrative reports 1
- African Americans -- Relations with Jews 1
- Antisemitism -- United States 1
- Arab-Israeli conflict -- Peace 1
- Boston (Mass.) 1
- Buffalo (N.Y.) 1
- Censorship 1 + ∧ less
- Russian 1
- Yiddish 1
- National Community Relations Advisory Council (U.S.) 3
- American Civil Liberties Union 2
- American Jewish Committee 2
- American Jewish Congress 2
- Minkoff, Isaiah M. 2
- American League to Combat Antisemitism 1
- Anti-defamation League 1
- Austrian, Carl J. (Carl Joseph), 1892-1970 1
- B'nai B'rith 1
- Band, Jordan C. 1
- Coordinating Committee of Jewish Organizations Dealing with Discrimination in War Industries (U.S.) 1
- Coughlin, Charles E. (Charles Edward), 1891-1979 1
- Council of Jewish Federations (U.S.) 1
- Council of Jewish Federations and Welfare Funds 1
- Diamond, David, 1898-1968 1
- Doskow, Ambrose 1
- General Jewish Council (U.S.) 1
- Jewish Labor Committee (U.S.) 1
- Jewish Occupational Council (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Kaufmann, Edgar J., 1885-1955 1 + ∧ less