Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
This collection consists almost exclusively of materials documenting the administration of Congregation Shaari Tephillah's plots in three New Jersey cemeteries. Congregation Shaari Tephillah was founded in 1935 as the first German-Jewish congregation formed in the United States after 1933.
The collection documents the lives of the Fellman and Taranto families of Long Beach, New York, and Washington, D.C., particularly Rosalind Fellman; her father, Sidney Fellman, who was a dentist and the longtime president of the Yom Tov Hebrew Congregation; her mother, Suzanne Taranto Fellman; her grandparents, Harry and Pauline Fellman and Isaac and Alegra Taranto; and her uncles, Milton Fellman and Maurice Taranto. There is also information about the Yom Tov Hebrew Congregation, with which the Taranto family in particular was closely involved.
This collection contains the archives of the Council of Jewish Federations and Welfare Funds, a national coordinating agency which assists national and regional Jewish agencies in the U.S. and Canada in fund raising, community organization, health and welfare planning, public relations, and similar missions.
Collection includes materials of the predecessor agency (Bureau of Jewish Social Research), correspondence, research, budget reports, audits, and reports on the activities of approximately 600 national, local, and overseas Jewish agencies.
This collection contains correspondence, documents, and newspaper clippings relating to the life and activities of Frankel in the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, as well as in other social welfare Jewish organizations. Includes biographic and bibliographic data; manuscript and printed copies of his writings; speeches on the subjects of health, insurance and Jewish affairs; and miscellaneous personal correspondence, particularly especially with Milton Rosenau.
Ms. Brandmark conducted research on early Jewish wills in New York City in order to complete the requirements of an undergraduate course conducted by Leo Hershkowitz at Queens College. Her research includes typed worksheets for each will, statistical charts compiling information in various categories, and lists of death records by synagogue name.
This collection contains the institutional records of the Sephardic Jewish Brotherhood of America, a fraternal organization founded in New York in 1921 to serve and unify the American Sephardic Jewish community. These records primarily pertain to issues of membership, including mortuary and sick benefits, scholarships and access to charitable funds, as well as information about community receptions and various other cultural activities.
This collection contains the institutional records of the Source of Life Benevolent Society, a fraternal organization founded in New York in 1911. These records primarily relate to mortuary benefits.
- Subject: Burial X
- American Jewish Historical Society 4
- American Sephardi Federation 3
- Leo Baeck Institute 1
- Burial 7
- Correspondence 5
- New York (N.Y.) 4
- Clippings (information artifacts) 3
- Fraternal organizations 3
- Minutes (administrative records) 3
- Official documents 3
- Photographs 3
- Sephardim 3
- Genealogy 2
- Immigrants -- United States 2
- Miami (Fla.) 2
- Social service 2
- Speeches (documents) 2
- United States -- Emigration and immigration 2
- Articles 1
- Bergen County (N.J.) 1
- Bills (legislative records) 1
- Birth certificates 1
- Blind 1 + ∧ less
- French 3
- German 2
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 2
- Hebrew 2
- Italian 2
- Ladino 2
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE) 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Polish 1
- Portuguese 1
- Yiddish 1 + ∧ less
- Jewish Community of New York City 2
- American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee 1
- American Jewish Relief Committee for Sufferers from the War 1
- American Public Health Association 1
- Bachenheimer, Siegfried 1
- Boy Scouts of America 1
- Brandeis, Louis Dembitz, 1856-1941 1
- Brandmark, Bernice 1
- Bureau of Jewish Social Research (New York, N.Y) 1
- Congregation "Shaaray Tefilla" (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Congregation Anshe Chesed (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Congregation B'nai Jeshurun (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Congregation Shaari Tephillah 1
- Congregation Shearith Israel (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Council of Jewish Communal Institutions 1
- Council of Jewish Federations and Welfare Funds 1
- Fellman, Rosalind, 1944- 1
- Fellman, Sidney, 1912-2003 1
- Frankel, Lee K. (Lee Kaufer), 1867-1931 1
- Graduate School for Jewish Social Work (New York, N.Y.) 1 + ∧ less