Showing Collections: 241 - 270 of 1988
This geneological collection is the epistolary research of the history and geneology of his family. It contains materials relating to Lithuania, Germany, Scandinavia, the United Kingdom, Spain, and South America.
Selected Einsatzgruppen records: RSHA reports on the activities of Einsatzgruppen in the U.S.S.R., 1941-1942. These reports were based on the reports sent by the four Einsatzgruppen to Berlin. Between June 1941 and April 1942, 195 reports were issued. Reports Nos. 1 to 30 are missing in this collection. Reports from the Occupied Eastern Territories. These were issued by the commanders of the Einsatzgruppen after the units had become stationary local branches of the RSHA. The reports relate to topics such as "actions" (i.e. extermination raids), executions, forced labor, camps, ghettos, Judenrat, Jewish badges, pogroms by local populations, final solution, partisans.
A wide-ranging collection of ephemera authored by members of Jewish communities in Europe, Canada, United States, South America. The publications concern pre-statehood Palestine, booklets issued by Poale Tzion and other Zionist and Labor groups, sermons by Christians and Jews on Judaism and documents from Alexandria, Egypt’s French-speaking Jewish community, and more. Also included are limited correspondence by Abraham Sutzkever.
The Elias Tcherikower Collection documents the professional and personal life of Elias Tcherikower, a scholar, communal activist, and one of the founders of the YIVO Institute for Jewish Research, and to a smaller extent personal life of his wife, Riva Tcherikower, née Teplitski. Collected here are Tcherikower’s writings, professional and personal correspondence, photographs, manuscripts by other scholars, research materials, printed materials, financial documents, conference and exhibit materials, minutes of meetings, bibliographic materials and personal materials of Riva Tcherikower, née Teplitski, and Chaim Tcherikower.
Constitution. Minutes, 1946-1975. Financial records, 1945-1959. Loan fund materials. Correspondence pertaining to burials. Membership records, 1930s-1950s.
Eliyahu Guttmacher was a rabbi, Talmudic scholar, mystic, communal leader, and early Zionist. During his lifetime he was known as the Tsadik of Grätz and thousands of Jews flocked to him for blessings and advice. Guttmacher was also known for his support of Rabbi Zvi Hirsch Kalischer, an early Zionist, and for his extensive collection of funds for institutions in Palestine. The bulk of the collection consists of several thousand kvitlekh (written requests to a rabbi asking for a blessing or advice). The kvitlekh were received from Jews residing in Poland and other, mostly European, countries. They reflect the social history of European Jews in the mid-19th century and relate to financial, medical, and family problems. In addition, the collection contains the following: general correspondence, including inquiries relating to religious matters, family correspondence, legal documents such as court and government papers, bills, certifications by unidentified authors, discussions on Jewish law by unknown authors, amulets, business documents, and receipts for contributions to charitable institutions in Palestine.
Collection contains: Certificate of incorporation, 1950. By-laws, 1950. Cemetery deeds, 1956-1978. Meeting minutes, 1950-1962. Meeting notices, 1955-1962. Membership lists. Correspondence, 1951-1980. Grave waiver forms, 1958-1973. Surveys, 1968. Membership applications, 1958. Financial Records, 1949-1982.
The papers consist of clippings, notes, letters and email correspondence, catalogue records of Yiddish films, photos and negative stills, conference brochures and schedules related to Eric Goldman’s work in Jewish film scholarship. The collection also includes over 60 film stills and photographs from various productions such as Yidl Mitn Fidl, A Briv Der Mamen, Dem Khazns Zundl, Der Dibek, Tevye, Tsvey Shvester, and many others. There is a considerable amount of correspondence between Goldman and various colleagues and YIVO, several conference catalogues and their corresponding notes, as well as YIVO public program catalogues from 2001/2002. YIVO invitations regarding screenings and Q+A sessions with Eric Goldman from Carl Rheins to various figures in Yiddish film also included. The collection also includes 28 tapes consisting of interviews with various actors and actresses from many of the previously mentioned films between the years of 1975 and 1978.
Minutes, 1929-1940, 1971. Golden book (record of deaths of members). Record book of interest free loans. Souvenir journal. Memoirs about Budanov.
Collection contains: Cemetery maps, 1944. Cemetery deeds, 1969. Meeting minutes, 1947-1963. Meeting invitations, 1955-1986. Correspondence, 1955-1961. Financial Records, 1960-1986. Stamper with society logo. Miscellaneous.
Collection contains: Cemetery maps, 1949. Stampers. Financial Records, 1952-1980.
Correspondence and financial records, 1926-1973. Cemetery records, 1903-1959. Seal.
Minutes. Financial records (two books). Constitution.
Certificate of incorporation, 1899. Constitution. Financial records. Cemetery materials. Correspondence. Agreement between society and meeting hall, 1903 (German).
Minutes, 1957-1968. Seal.
Minutes, 1953-1968 (German, English). Financial records, 1937-1977. Membership list, 1968. Seal.
Minutes, 1946-1966. Ketubah (marriage contract) of the secretary of the society, 1908.
Certificate of incorporation. Minutes, 1930-1974 (German). Financial records, 1957-1966. Cemetery records. Correspondence. Meeting notices. Dissolution ballots.
Recordings of Esther Drucker, including some documentation accompanying some of the tapes, handwritten by her husband.
The tapes contain songs in Spanish, Italian, Yiddish, French, and other languages. Some were recorded in Mexico. Some include melodies played on the recorded, accompanied by Klara Katz on piano. Some songs are accompanied by Esther Drucker herself on guitar.
Two recordings are from cassettes that were brought to be digitized with the originals kept by the family. They include some oral histories recorded by David Drucker, Esther Drucker's husband, of himself talking about his attempt to travel to the USSR which led him instead to Constantinople and Italy, and of his sister Becky Drucker, talking about her immigration from Russia to New York.
The collection contains play manuscripts, programs, playbills, posters, photographs, correspondence, agreements, scrapbooks, clippings, printed ephemera, and memorabilia relating to Yiddish theater primarily in the early twentieth century, especially the interwar period. Also included are items of printed ephemera related to Yiddish film, Hebrew theater, and a broad range of Jewish performers, including cantors, singers and dancers. Geographically, the materials originate predominantly in Poland and other parts of Eastern Europe, including parts of the Russian Empire and, later, the Soviet Union; and, to a lesser extent, the United States, especially New York City. Also included are materials from Western Europe, Palestine (Eretz Israel), South America, and other regions around the world. Among the theater personalities represented in the collection with significant amounts of material are Herz Grossbard, David Herman, Joseph Winogradoff, Rudolf Zaslavsky, Zygmunt Turkow, Jonas Turkow, Moyshe Lipman, Ida Kaminska, and Esther Rachel Kaminska. The theater groups best represented include the Varshever Yidisher Kunst-Teater (VYKT; Warsaw Yiddish Art Theater), founded by Zygmunt Turkow and Ida Kaminska; the Vilna Troupe; Yung Teater / Nay Teater (Warsaw; Vilna), under the direction of Michael Weichert; the Moscow State Yiddish Theater (known by its Russian acronym "GOSET"); Maurice Schwartz's Yiddish Art Theatre, of New York; and the Hebrew theater "Habimah." A wide variety of other professional as well as amateur theater groups are represented with smaller amounts of material.
Two Holocaust themed conceptual sculptural pieces by artist Etta Ehrlich.
The collection relates to Etta Weiner's Yiddish cultural activities in Texas. Includes over 15 playscripts of mostly humorous skits, written, adapted, translated, and transliterated from Yiddish to English by Weiner and other writers. Among the more well-known of the writers represented here are Der Tunkeler (Yoysef Tunkel) and Sholem Aleichem. Also includes Yiddish language exercises, poetry, and newspaper clippings from the Morgn frayhayt, 1953-1972.
Newspaper clippings (largely 1988-9, 1995-7, 2003). Content includes: Holocaust; Rabin, Arafat, and the peace process; security concerns in Israel; campaigns for Hebron, Golan Heights, and Jordan Valley. Promotional materials of American Jewish organizations (synagogues, societies, political associations, magazines), flyers and pamphlets for activities in support of Israel. Organizations include: UJA, ZOA, CIPAC, AIPAC, Jewish Voice, ADL, Central Synagogue. Advertisements created by E. D. Costabel for the World Committee of Israel; letters to politicians and organizations.
11 original drawings, including a self-portrait and of her husband. 28" x 20" illuminated M. Licht poem. Two matrices of covers of M. Licht's books. 30 small notebooks. Typescripts of M. Licht's English poems as well as of his translations of poems by other Yiddish and French poets-with a cover design by E. Licht. Photograph of M. Licht. Photographs and slides of E. Licht's family and of her art works. Two photographs of the East Rutherford, NJ school class, 1913, which E. Licht attended. Correspondence with galleries and family. Letter from Marc Chagall, 1926. Diplomas and personal documents.
Collection contains: Cemetery maps. Cemetery deeds, 1896-1932. Certificate of incorporation, 1892. Certificate of name change, 1940. Constitution. Member lists, 1981-1992. Correspondence, 1996. Financial Records, 1996. Dissolution Papers, 1996.
This collection contains 147 photographs of the city of L’viv, Ukraine (formerly Lemberg, Austria-Hungary; Lwów, Poland; L’vov, Russia). The photographs were taken by an unknown photographer(s) at various times during the period ca. 1890 through the 1930s. Three photographs are from the post-1945 years. The majority of the photographs were developed from glass negatives between 1987 and 1991. These negatives came to the attention of Evgenii Lendon in the 1980s, and Lendon preserved the images by making large, exhibition-quality prints from the negatives.
The collection consists of correspondence with rabbis and Torah scholars mostly in Poland, Rumania, Hungary, Russia, Palestine and the U.S. There are also some printed reports as well as materials relating to Rabbi Henkin. The bulk of the records cover the 1926-1936 period.