Showing Collections: 181 - 210 of 1679
This collection consists of correspondence written to Caroline Klein in the 1880s by relatives and friends living in Hungary, Austria, and Germany. Also included are a few letters written by Caroline to others, one letter written by her daughter Elsie, two poems, and a short story. An email from the donor with biographical information is also included.
The Cassirer-Tietz Family Collection concentrates on the genealogy of the Cassirer and related families. It also holds some biographical information on family members along with papers of a few individual members. The collection includes both research and personal correspondence, family trees and related research notes, documentation on the family foundation, articles and newspaper clippings, and photographs and negatives.
The bulk of the collection consists of original and published writings by and about the historian and journalist C.C. Aronsfeld, touching on many aspects of German-Jewish relations.
This collection holds letters exchanged between the Austrian émigré Cecilia Ruberl in Rome and Stefan Taussig in upstate New York, to whom she loaned funds in order to establish a farm. Although most of the correspondence concerns their financial association, letters sent during and after World War II document his aid of her and her family members. In addition to correspondence, the collection holds a few receipts for stock transactions and documentation of a restitution claims decision on behalf of Cecilia Ruberl's family.
The Collection contains correspondence of CENTRA, the Council of Jews from Germany, the Irgun Olej Merkaz Europa, the Leo Baeck Institute in Jerusalem, and others. Topics include the Spanish translations of LBI publications and the collaboration of the Council of Jews from Germany with CENTRA. Mentioned is the possibility of establishing a permanent representation of the Leo Baeck Institute in Buenos Aires. A point of concern is the preservation of the German-Jewish heritage in Latin American congregations and organizations of CENTRA. Included are various materials on CENTRA's congresses as well as completed questionnaires about the German-Jewish communities and institutions in South America.
Correspondence, including letters from Leo Baeck, Salo Baron, Julie Braun-Vogelstein, Martin Buber, Werner Cahnmann, Max Dienemann, Ismar Elbogen, Erich Fromm, Hermann Fürnberg, Nahum Glatzer, Nahum Goldmann, Max Gruenewald, Max Grunwald, Siegfried Guggenheim, Ernest Jones, Hermann Kesten, Guido Kisch, Adolf Kober, Franz Kobler, Joachim Prinz, Lessing Rosenwald, Ingrid Warburg, Alma Mahler-Werfel, and Franz Werfel.
The collection contains correspondence regarding the Chambré family, accompanied by notes and clippings on the Jewish community and Chambré family of Lich (Hesse). Also included is an illustrated yahrzeit reminder for Carl Chambré.
This collection contains materials pertaining to the emigration of Carl and Emmy Weil from Germany and their restitution case, as well as some family correspondence and documents.
The collection contains a compilation of letters sent to Charles Leigh (formerly Karlheinz Liebenau) and his sister Helga in England, where they had immigrated via Kindertransport, from their parents Max Liebenau and Dora Liebenau née Simke in Berlin. The letters are dated from May 1939, the time of their arrival in England, to November 1941, when their parents were deported to Riga. Photocopies of the original correspondence are accompanied by English translations.
The bulk of this collection consist of the genealogical research materials compiled by Charles P. Stanton. The focus is on Jewish families from Franconia. Stanton compiled over 2,000 family trees, which are part of this collection. The information in the family trees is augmented by correspondence and other related materials.
This collection contains two autograph books of Charlotte Spitzer and one autograph book of Rosa Scholder.
This collection primarily contains correspondence between Leo Landau and his wife Charlotte Landau (née Mühsam). During their respective frequent travels, Leo for his legal work and for recuperation at spas, and Charlotte for the Jüdischer Frauenbund, they often wrote almost every day. The collection also contains some other correspondence, personal materials, and documents concerning Leo Landau's lifelong involvement with Jewish organizations such as the B'nai B'rith lodges in Lübeck and Haifa and the Israelitische Gemeinde Lübeck, and Charlotte's membership in the Lübeck city council from 1919-1921.
This collection contains vital and educational records of Charlotte Hillburn (born Liselotte Wiener) and her family. It also contains materials about Jews in Gleiwitz, Upper Silesia (today Gliwice, Poland).
This collection contains materials on Christine Roth-Schurtman's family, especially her father Bruno Roth.
This collection contains correspondence between a German-Jewish woman in the Netherlands, Sefi Hirsch Kronheimer, to Clara Binswanger, an American friend in New York. The letters reflect her story as she and her husband flee Hitler and settle in Holland. Subsequent post-war letters reflect the efforts of concerned family members to determine the fate of Sefi Hirsch Kronheimer and other family members.
The Clara Michelson Collection documents the life and work of the writer and graphologist Clara Michelson. The main subjects of the collection are her writings and her publications. The collection consists of manuscripts, a list of manuscripts, correspondence, publications and a photograph.
This collection is comprised of papers of the writer Clementine Kraemer. Although it is primarily composed of examples of her writing, including both poetry and prose, it also includes personal documents and correspondence, as well as a detailed biography.
This collection deals primarily with the efforts of former Philip Morris president Clifford H. Goldsmith to gain compensation for family property confiscated under the Nazi regime. The collection also documents to a smaller extant the personal and professional life and career of Clifford H. Goldsmith.
This collection contains a broad range of materials offering insights into the Jewish community of Cologne throughout the 19th and 20th century. Included are a few original documents from 1880 to the 1930s, photocopies of various community and legal documents, as well as brochures and booklets pertaining to Cologne community and welfare organizations.
The papers of Colonel Seymour Jacob Pomrenze (1916-2011) contain materials relating to his role as the first director of the Offenbach Archival Depot (OAD) in early 1946, as well as documentation of his career as a records management and archives consultant for the American Jewish cultural sector. It also includes a small amount of biographical material.
Newspaper clippings and other published materials about Kristallnacht commemorations and an exhibition about Jewish musicians in Frankfurt am Main.
This clippings collection contains newspaper clippings covering history and memorials of concentration camps. Also included are brochures, programs, and a poster for events held in memory of victims of concentration camps. Finally, two annual reports of the KZ-Gedenkstätte Dachau and a bibliography of literature at the KZ-Museum Dachau are included.
This constructed collection contains very limited traces of several concentration camps established and run by the Nazis between 1933 and 1945. The concentration camps covered are Auschwitz, Buchenwald, Buna-Monowitz, Dachau, Sachsenhausen, Schatzlar, and Stutthof. Limited materials from the Łódź ghetto are also included, and other concentration camps may be mentioned. The scant materials in the collection include correspondence, creative or religious writings, photographs, money, lists of prisoners, materials on Josef Mengele, calls to action to assist prisoners, military reports by liberators, a copy of a Totenbuch from Dachau, an original death certificate from Auschwitz, and an original certificate of discharge from Sachsenhausen. The one exception to the relative scarcity of materials on each camp is the extensive interrogation report from Buchenwald.
The collection holds official paperwork and publications of Congregation Beth Hillel in Washington Heights. The majority of this congregation had emigrated from Munich, with an additional number of émigrés from Nuremberg. Prominent members of this congregation included the former leading Rabbi of the Munich Main Synagogue, Rabbi Leo Baerwald, as well as businessman and president of the congregation, Hermann Schuelein.
The Congregation B’nai Jacob Collection includes materials documenting the history of the congregation and includes bank statements, circulars, correspondence, documents, membership lists, minutes of Annual Meetings, journals containing information about the congregation’s cemetery, a prayer book, and rubber stamps.
This collection contains records of the German-Jewish Orthodox Congregation Ohav Sholaum of Washington Heights, New York, such as by-laws, correspondence of its long-time rabbi, Ralph Neuhaus, and documents relating to its charitable organization Gemiluth Chessed of Washington Heights. It also includes sheet music used by the congregation's choir.
This collection consists almost exclusively of materials documenting the administration of Congregation Shaari Tephillah's plots in three New Jersey cemeteries. Congregation Shaari Tephillah was founded in 1935 as the first German-Jewish congregation formed in the United States after 1933.
Constitution (German). Certificate of incorporation, 1892. Minutes, 1945-1965. Correspondence, 1930s-1940s. Correspondence regarding Nazi war crimes testimony and material claims against Germany, 1960s. Personal materials relating to Przemysl, 1930s-1940s. Announcements, anniversary journal, 1941. Photographs. Memorial book, 1964. Materials of the United Relief for Przemysl, 1946.
This collection contains lists of businesses (mostly clothing and department stores) owned by the Conitzer family, a short biography of Rudolf Conitzer, and several Conitzer family tree charts. An illustrated brochure from the late 1920s or early 1930s also offers some historical information on the family's businesses, as well as photographs of several of their stores in northern and eastern Germany.
This collection mostly consists of newspaper clippings, articles and other documentation on Jews in Europe and in Palestine, as well as on Zionism and Jewish history. In addition, a small amount of biographical information on Conrad Cohn is present.