Comité national de Secours aux refugies allemands victimes de l'anti-semitisme (Paris)
Scope and Content Note
The material covers the period 1933-1934 and includes: documents on the founding of the group; lists of Board members and contributors; statistical and activity reports; minutes of meetings. Also included is correspondence with other relief organizations, circulars and announcements of fund appeals and publicity.
- 1933 - 1934
Language of Materials
Collection is in French.
The collection is open to the public. Permission to publish part or parts of the collection must be obtained in writing from the YIVO Archives.
There may be some restrictions on the use of the collection. For more information, contact:
Chief Archivist, YIVO Institute for Jewish Research, Center for Jewish History, 15 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011
The Comite National de Secours aux Refugies Allemands, Victimes de Anti-Semitisme (National Aid-Committee for German Refugees, Victims of Anti-Semitism) was organized in France in 1933, to deal with the problem of the influx of Jewish refugees from Germany.
Other aid organizations in France affiliated themselves with the National Committee, which eventually coordinated all relief work in France on behalf of the arriving German Jews. Activities included provision of food and lodging, medical care and job placement services.
0.5 Linear Feet
This collection holds records pertaining to the Comité national de Secours aux refugies allemands victimes de l'anti-semitisme and documents the work of the organization. Included in this collection is correspondence, statistical reports, lists, announcements, and material on the founding of the organization.
The papers in this record group have been paginated with a hand stamp. The numbers run continuously through all the folders.
This collection was received from the Committee in 1955. Originally part of Record Group 245.4 ("HIAS/HICEM Series I - Section XXVII"), it was separated and given its own record group number 334.
- Administrative records
- Administrative reports
- Archival materials
- Comite National de Secours aux Refugies Allemands Victimes de l'Antisemitisme
- France -- Politics and government -- 1914-1940
- Hebrew Sheltering and Immigrant Aid Society of America
- International relief
- Jewish refugees
- Jewish students
- Jews -- Charities
- Jews -- Education
- Jews -- France
- Jews -- Germany
- Jews -- Migrations
- Minutes (administrative records)
- Guide to the Records of Comité national de Secours aux refugies allemands victimes de l'anti-semitisme (Paris) [National Aid-Committee for German Refugees; Victims of Anti-Semitism] 1933 - 1934 RG 334
- Processed by David M. Wolfson
- © 2004
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description is in English
- Edition statement
- This version was derived from Secours_Refugies_Allemands.xml
- January 2006.: Entities removed from EAD finding aid.