Chmielniker Sick and Benevolent Society Records
Scope and Contents
Souvenir journal, 1935. Journal of the United Chmielniker Relief Committee, 1938. Meeting notices. Journal of the Association of Former Residents of Chmielniker in Israel, 1963, 1967-1976, 1978. Photographic plate, stamp, banners, cemetery map. Memorial book, 1960.
- Creation: 1935 - 1978
- Chmielniker Sick and Benevolent Society (Organization)
Biographical / Historical
Organized in New York in 1929 by immigrants from Chmielnik, Poland as the Chmielniker Sick and Benevolent Society of Poland, Inc. Conducted relief activities during World War II. After the war, sent financial aid to landslayt in Israel. The Chmielniker Young Ladies Auxiliary was established in 1931 to aid needy landslayt and to support charitable institutions.
2 Boxes (1 5" legal,1 3" OS)
Language of Materials
- United Chmielniker Relief Committee (Organization)
- Association of Former Residents of Chmielnik in Israel (Organization)
- Cemeteries -- New York (State)
- Fraternal organizations -- New York (State) -- New York
- Fraternal organizations -- United States
- Holocaust survivors
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Poland
- Immigrants -- Israel
- Immigrants -- United States
- International relief -- Israel
- International relief -- Poland
- Jewish fraternal organizations -- New York (State) -- New York
- Jews -- Charities -- New York (State) -- New York
- Jews -- New York (State) -- New York -- Societies, etc.
- Jews -- Poland -- Chmielnik (Kielce Province)
- Jews -- United States -- Charities
- Jews -- United States -- Societies, etc.
- Jews, Polish -- Israel
- Landsmanshaftn -- New York (State) -- New York
- Language of description
- Script of description