Chevra Ahavath Achim B'nai Kolo Records
Scope and Contents
Constitutions. Minutes of a memorial meeting, 1975. Financial records. Souvenir journals, 1940, 1978. Correspondence. Bulletins, 1946-1979. Memorial book, 1958.
- Creation: 1918
- Creation: 1940 - 1979
- Chevra Ahavath Achim B'nai Kolo (Organization)
Biographical / Historical
Established in New York in 1877 by immigrants from Kolo, Poland, to maintain a synagogue and to help the needy in Kolo. Originally located at 48 Avenue D, New York. Cooperated with the Kolo landsmanshaft in Israel in assisting survivors there. Published a memorial book.
.25 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
- New York (N.Y.)
- New York (N.Y.) -- Genealogy
- New York (N.Y.) -- Religious life and customs
- New York (N.Y.) -- Social life and customs
- Fraternal organizations
- Fraternal organizations -- New York (State) -- New York
- Holocaust survivors
- Holocaust survivors -- Poland
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Poland
- Immigrants -- Israel
- Immigrants -- United States
- Jews -- Charities -- New York (State) -- New York
- Jews -- Israel -- Societies, etc.
- Jews -- New York (State) -- New York -- Genealogy
- Jews -- New York (State) -- New York -- Societies, etc.
- Jews -- Poland -- Koło (Łódź)
- Landsmanshaftn -- New York (State) -- New York
- Language of description
- Script of description