Buczacs-American Benevolent Sick and Aid Society Records
Scope and Contents
Constitution. Minutes, 1937-1948 (German, English). Financial records, 1942-1958. Betshutsher nudnik, handwritten Yiddish newspaper, three issues, 1921-1922. Materials pertaining to the Circle of Buczaczer Friends. Photographs.
- Creation: 1921 - 1960
- Buczacz-American Benevolent Sick and Aid Society (Organization)
Biographical / Historical
Founded in New York in 1905 by immigrants from Buchach (Pol. Buczacz, Yid. Betshutsh, Bechuch), Ukraine. Affiliated with the United Buczaczer Ladies Auxiliary, First Buczaczer Society and the Circle of Buczaczer Friends. The Circle of Buczaczer Friends was organized in 1942. It grew out of the Betshutsher Literarishn Fareyn (Buczaczer Literary Society) which was founded in 1916 and reorganized in 1921 as the Betshutsher Literarishn Klub. It provided social, educational, and cultural activities for members and published a humorous newspaper read aloud at meetings. The.
.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
- United Buczaczer Ladies Auxiliary (New York, N.Y.) (Organization)
- First Buczaczer Society (New York, N.Y.) (Organization)
- Circle of Buczaczer Friends (New York, N.Y.) (Organization)
Genre / Form
- Fraternal organizations -- New York (State) -- New York
- Immigrants -- United States
- International relief -- Ukraine
- Jewish fraternal organizations -- New York (State) -- New York
- Jewish women -- New York (State) -- New York -- Societies and clubs
- Jews -- Charities -- New York (State) -- New York
- Jews -- New York (State) -- New York -- Societies, etc.
- Jews -- Ukraine
- Landsmanshaftn -- New York (State) -- New York
- Language of description
- Script of description