Independent Bukarester Sick Aid Association Records
Scope and Contents
Constitutions; minutes, 1949-1962, 1963-1966; financial records; membership records, including registration book, 1901-1925 (German, English); correspondence; souvenir journals; miscellaneous materials.
- Creation: 1901 - 1976
- Independent Bukarester Sick Aid Association (Organization)
Biographical / Historical
Founded in New York in 1901 by immigrants from Bucharest, Rumania. Incorporated in 1910. Activities included establishment of a loan fund in 1914, a ladies auxiliary in 1931, a relief fund in 1932 and an old age fund in 1933. Merged with the Independent Young Men's Roumanian Benevolent Association, 1931. Supported HIAS in relief activities after World War II. Supported institutions in Israel.
6 Boxes (5 5" legal, 1 3" OS)
Language of Materials
Genre / Form
- Bucharest (Romania)
- New York (N.Y.)
- New York (N.Y.) -- Genealogy
- New York (N.Y.) -- Social life and customs
- Cemeteries -- New York (State)
- Fraternal organizations -- New York (State) -- New York
- Immigrants -- United States
- Jews -- Charities -- New York (State) -- New York
- Jews -- New York (State) -- New York -- Genealogy
- Jews -- New York (State) -- New York -- Societies, etc.
- Jews -- Romania
- Landsmanshaftn -- New York (State) -- New York
- Language of description
- Script of description