Independent Zetler Young Men's Benevolent Association Records
Scope and Contents
Constitution; minutes, 1920-1942, 1952-1957; financial records, 1949-1957, 1961-1973; golden book (record of deaths of members); photographs; miscellaneous.
- Creation: 1920 - 1973
- Independent Zetler Young Men's Benevolent Association (Organization)
Biographical / Historical
Founded in New York in 1904 by immigrants from Dyatlovo (Polish: Zdzieciol; Yiddish: Zetl), Byelorussia. Established an old-age fund, a loan fund, and a Hevrah Kadisha (burial society) for members. Provided relief for landslayt after World War I, which included sending a delegate to Zetl. Aided survivors after World War II.
5 Boxes (3 5" legal;1 3" legal;1 3" OS)
Language of Materials
Genre / Form
- Dzi︠a︡tlava (Hrodzenskai︠a︡ voblastsʹ, Belarus)
- New York (N.Y.)
- New York (N.Y.) -- Social life and customs
- New York (N.Y.) -- Statistics, Vital
- Fraternal organizations -- New York (State) -- New York
- Immigrants -- New York (State) -- New York
- Jews -- Belarus
- Jews -- Charities -- New York (State) -- New York
- Jews -- New York (State) -- New York -- Genealogy
- Jews -- New York (State) -- New York -- Societies, etc.
- Landsmanshaftn -- New York (State) -- New York
- Language of description
- Script of description