Breziner Sick and Benevolent Society Records
Scope and Contents
Constitution. Minutes, 1953-1970. Financial records pertaining to relief activities in Poland, Germany, Israel. Correspondence pertaining to World War II relief activities, 1941-1976. Untitled manuscript of Jacob Fogel's memoirs of Brzeziny. Anniversary journals, newspaper clippings, photographs, miscellaneous membership records, materials pertaining to the Breziner memorial book.
- Creation: 1908 - 1976
- Breziner Sick and Benevolent Society (Organization)
Biographical / Historical
Founded in New York in 1896 by immigrants from Brzeziny, Poland, and chartered in 1899. Established the Breziner Ladies Auxiliary in 1932 and the Breziner Relief Committee in 1945. Maintains ties and conducts joint activities with the Breziner landsmanshaft in Israel.
1.25 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Genre / Form
- Brzeziny (Poland) -- Social life and customs
- New York (N.Y.)
- New York (N.Y.) -- Social life and customs
- Fraternal organizations
- Fraternal organizations -- New York (State) -- New York
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Poland
- Immigrants -- United States
- International relief -- Germany
- International relief -- Israel
- International relief -- Poland
- Irgun Yotzei Bzezin be-Israel.
- Irgun yotsʼe Bzezin be-Yiśraʼel.
- Jewish women -- New York (State) -- New York -- Societies and clubs
- Jews -- Charities -- New York (State) -- New York
- Jews -- Germany
- Jews -- New York (State) -- New York -- Societies, etc.
- Jews -- Poland
- Jews -- Poland -- Brzeziny
- Landsmanshaftn -- New York (State) -- New York
- Language of description
- Script of description