Papers of Abraham Rechtman
Scope and Contents
Correspondence with individuals and family members. Manuscript of a translation of Itzhak Katzenelson's Sheshet yemei bereshit. Manuscripts of Yiddish and Hebrew poems. Photographs. Personal documents.
- Creation: 1920s-1960s
- Rechtman, Abraham (Person)
Biographical / Historical
Folklorist, writer, printer. Member of the S. An-Ski Ethnographic Expedition. Contributed to Dos vort, Yivo bleter, Kinder zhurnal, Dos yidishe likht. Wrote under pen name of Ish Yemini and Doktor Zamler. Born in Proskurov, Ukraine. Lived for two years in Palestine. Came to the U.S. in 1916.
1 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Inventory: Yiddish, 4 pp., typed
Legacy Finding Aid
A digitized version of the legacy finding aid is available here: http://digipres.cjh.org/delivery/DeliveryManagerServlet?dps_pid=IE2128454.
- Glatstein, Jacob, 1896-1971 (Person)
- Grade, Chaim, 1910-1982 (Person)
- Dworkin, Ben (Person)
- Hirschbein, Peretz, 1880-1948 (Person)
- Katz, Aleph, 1898-1969 (Person)
- Mayzel, Nachman, 1887-1966 (Person)
- Yefroikin, S. (Person)
- Twersky, Chaykele. (Person)
- Congress for Jewish Culture (Organization)
- Yivo Institute for Jewish Research (Organization)
- Workmen's Circle (U.S.) (Organization)
Genre / Form
- Fraternal organizations -- New York (State) -- New York
- Immigrants -- United States
- Jewish refugees
- Labor Zionists -- New York (State) -- New York
- Landsmanshaftn -- New York (State) -- New York
- Yiddish newspapers -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Language of description
- Script of description