Meir Kastoff Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection relates primarily to HATU, Local 83. Correspondence with organizations such as Israeli typographical unions, typographical unions in Poland, Hebrew-American Typographical Union, Local 83. Correspondence with individuals: Daniel Charney, David Pinsky. Kastoff's memoirs: Mit fiftsik yor tsurik: A kapitl zikhroynes (Fifty Years: A Chapter of Memoirs), Kastoff's diaries, 1944-1955. Materials relating to the strike at the Jewish Daily Forward, 1908, and at the Abend blat, 1898. HATU's 45th anniversary yearbook.
- Creation: 1901 - 1959
- Ḳasṭof, Meʼir, 1885- (Person)
Biographical / Historical
President, Hebrew-American Typographical Union (HATU), which was Local 83 of the International Typographical Union.
2.25 Linear Feet (4 5"lgl, 1 2.5")
Language of Materials
- Charney, Daniel, 1888-1959 (Person)
- Pinski, David, 1872-1959 (Person)
- Hebrew American Typographical Union No. 83 (New York, N.Y.) (Organization)
Genre / Form
- International Typographical Union. -- Local 83 (New York, N.Y.)
- Kastoff family.
- Labor unions -- Printing industry -- Israel
- Labor unions -- Printing industry -- New York (State) -- New York
- Labor unions -- Printing industry -- Poland
- Strikes and lockouts -- Printers
- Yiddish newspapers -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Language of description
- Script of description