Amdurer Benevolent Association Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains: Certificate of incorporation, 1903. Eighteenth anniversary banquet journal, English and Yiddish, 1930. Cemetery maps, 1948-1967. Membership lists. Grave reservation lists, 1980-1986. Financial Records, 1970-2000. Contracts, 1945-1986. Cemetery deeds, 1936-1971. Correspondence, 1943-1997. Meeting notices, 1978-1985. Certificate of death, 1986. Certificate of conversion, 1972. Certificate of endowed maintenance, 1993. Photo. Miscellaneous.
- 1903 - 2000
- Amdurer Benevolent Association (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
This collection is unprocessed, but available for use. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Biographical / Historical
Founded in New York on either March 21, 1903 or in 1912, by immigrants from Amdur (Amdor, Indura), in the Russian Empire. Incorporated on May 26, 1903. Alternately known as the Amdurer Benevolent Society. Provided sick and death benefits, loan fund, fund for the elderly, old age home, and elementary school funds. Supported local institutions. Donated to various Jewish causes, including the Bikur-Cholim, American Mizrachi Women, Israel Histadrut Campaign, UJA, Hadassah, Magen David Adom, and the Yiddish Forward. Functioned as a burial society. Society used the Beth Israel, Beth David, and Mt. Judah cemeteries in Woodbridge, NJ, Long Island, and Queens, NY.
.75 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the YIVO Institute for Jewish Research Repository
15 West 16th Street
New York NY 10011 United States