הירשביין, פּרץ / Hirschbein, Peretz, undated, 1908, 1915, 1936
Scope and Contents
- "Di puste kretshme" in an unspecified locality in Poland. Directed by David Duksin.
- "A Hidden Corner" in Los Angeles, 1936. Performance in English. Directed by Adolph Freeman. Under the auspices of the Federal Theatre Project, of the U. S. Works Progress Administration.
- "Dem shmids tekhter" in Vilna. Directed by Hirschbein. Guest performers Rudolf Zaslavsky and Berta Zaslavska.
- "A mayse fun amol" in New York. Music by Lazar Weiner. Directed by Ossip Dymow and Leib Kadison.
- "Di neveyle" in Chicago, 1915. Six-year anniversary of the Progressive Literary Dramatic Club.
- "Yoyel" in Philadelphia. Directed by Martin Sklarov.
- "Der tkies kaf" in Łódź, 1908. Directed by David Herman. Part of an evening honoring Hirschbein.
- undated, 1908, 1915, 1936
Language of Materials
In Yiddish, Polish, Russian, English, and German, with occasional items in or using French, Finnish, Romanian, Hebrew, Latvian, Spanish, and Dutch.
The collection has been digitized and is available online without restrictions. The physical collection is closed.
From the Sub-Series: 3.3 Linear Feet (8 boxes; 174 folders)
Part of the YIVO Institute for Jewish Research Repository
15 West 16th Street
New York NY 10011 United States