גאָלדפֿאַדען, אברהם / Goldfaden, Abraham, undated, 1910, 1924-1927, 1931-1932
Scope and Contents
- "Kenig Akhashveyresh," 2 items. In Detroit, 1924, with Boris Thomashefsky, Regina Zuckerberg, and J. Weinstock. In Łódź.
- "Akeydes Yitskhok," 3 items. In Vilna, directed by D. Zayderman. In Lwów, guest performer Jacob Silbert. In Łódź.
- "Bar-Kokhba," 14 items. In Bobrynets, 1910, troupe led by A. Adler and B. Doktorov. In Łódź. In an unspecified locality in Poland, theater of K. M. Ebel, directed by Jacob Prizament. In the Bronx, New York, 1931, with Boris Thomashefsky and Regina Zuckerberg, in honor of the Lexicon of the Yiddish Theatre. In Vilna, directed by M. Zayderman. In Vilna, directed by M. Zayderman, in honor of guests from Viennese sports club Hakoah. In Vilna, troupe of Moyshe Karpinowicz, featuring actor and strongman Gershon Breitbart, with Nekhama, Kadish, and Khash (Chasz). In Vilna, as part of evening in honor of strongman Zishe Breitbart. In Warsaw, 1927, program for 35th anniversary of B. Abelman. In Warsaw, 1926, directed by B. Abelman. In New York, 1927, with Misha Appelbaum, Zina Goldstein, and Leon Blank. In Grodzisk Mazowiecki, benefit performance for Menachem Rubin, directed by Liberovski. In New York, 1931, directed by Jacob Kalich, with Boris Thomashefsky, Jacob Silbert, and Regina Zuckerberg, as part of program in honor of the Lexicon of the Yiddish Theatre. In Vilna, guest performer B. Abelman.
- "Di tsvey Kuni Leml," 2 items. In Philadelphia, 1931, directed by Joseph Dante, produced by Clara Young, Alexander Granach, and Michael Rosenberg, with Chana Hollander, in honor of the Lexicon of the Yiddish Theatre. In Vilna, directed by L. Szryftzecer.
- "Shulamis," 5 items. In New York, 1932, produced by Sholom Secunda, staged by Solomon Kustin, with Boris Thomashefsky, Betty Simonoff, and Regina Zuckerberg, in honor of the Lexicon of the Yiddish Theatre. In Łódź. In Vilna, directed by J. Strugacz. In Vilna, guest performer B. Abelman. In Chicago, 1932, production of the Chicago Junior Hadassah, directed by Isaac Van Grove.
- "Kishef-makhern," 3 items. In Warsaw, adapted by I. Manger, music by Henech Kon, directed by Jakub Rotbaum. In Vilna, adapted by Moyshe Lipman, directed by and starring Lipman. In Brooklyn, New York, produced by Misha German, in honor of the Lexicon of the Yiddish Theatre, with speakers Jacob Berlin and Z. Zylbercweig.
- Creation: undated, 1910, 1924-1927, 1931-1932
Language of Materials
In Yiddish, Polish, Russian, English, and German, with occasional items in or using French, Finnish, Romanian, Hebrew, Latvian, Spanish, and Dutch.
The collection has been digitized and is available online without restrictions. The physical collection is closed.
From the Sub-Series: 3.3 Linear Feet (8 boxes; 174 folders)