Scope and Content Note
The Holocaust Collection consists of various donated materials pertaining to the Holocaust assembled into a single research file. Only a few items date to the historical time period of the Holocaust, including metal plates from J. A. Topf & Söhne, the manufacturer of crematoria for the concentration camps, and two pamphlets from the 1930s, Hilfe und Aufbau and Emergency committee in aid of displaced German scholars, which respond to the crisis caused by the Nazi ascendancy. Other items in the collection fall into three categories: 1) a couple of original documentary materials on the Holocaust and victims of the Holocaust created or assembled after the historical event, 2) unpublished, or not widely published, essays and speeches on the topic of the Holocaust, and 3) Yizkor book commemorating victims of the Holocaust.
- Creation: 1933-2004
Language of Materials
This collection is in German and English.
Open to researchers.
Collection is digitized. Follow the links in the Container List to access the digitized materials.
There may be some restrictions on the use of the collection. For more information, contact:
Leo Baeck Institute, Center for Jewish History, 15 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011
0.25 Linear Feet
The Holocaust Collection consists of various donated materials pertaining to the Holocaust assembled into a single research file. Only a couple items date from the historical time period, most items were created decades after the Holocaust.
- Series I: Historical materials 1933-1934
- Series II: Historical documents created after the Holocaust 1972-1998
- Series III: Unpublished speeches and writings 1991-1994
- Series IV: Yizkor book 1999-2000
- Association of Holocaust Organizations (Organization)
- Yad ṿa-shem, rashut ha-zikaron la-Shoʼah ṿela-gevurah (Organization)
- American Jewish Congress (Organization)
- Emergency Committee in Aid of Displaced German Scholars (Organization)
- Firma J.A. Topf & Söhne (Organization)
- Zentralausschuss der deutschen Juden für Hilfe und Aufbau (Organization)
- Murphy, Francis T. (Person)
- Guide to the Holocaust Collection, 1933-2004 AR 4546
- Processed by LBI Staff
- © 2009
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- October 06, 2011 : Links to digital objects added in Container List.