Adolf Wolfermann Collection
Scope and Content Note
This collection contains a couple of personal documents, but mostly consists of personal correspondence including communications from relatives and friends interned in concentration camps in France, Lublin, and Theresienstadt. Folder 1 contains a few letters from Joseph Carlebach and other officials of the Jewish Community of Hamburg, including letters of recommendation, as well as some correspondence with various Italian offices concerning the establishment of a Hakhsharah in Italy for German Jews.
- Majority of material found in 1934-1946
- Wolfermann, Adolf, 1916- (Person)
Language of Materials
This collection is in German, Hebrew, and Italian.
Open to researchers.
Collection is digitized. Follow the links in the Container List to access the digitized materials.
There may be some restrictions on the use of the collection. For more information, contact:
Leo Baeck Institute, Center for Jewish History, 15 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011
Dr. Adolf Wolfermann was born in Hamburg in 1916 and studied medicine in Italy and Switzerland. He worked as a doctor in Jewish refugee camps in Switzerland during the war.
This collection mostly consists of personal correspondence, including communications from relatives and friends interned in concentration camps in France, Lublin, and Theresienstadt, and letters regarding the establishment of an agrarian training camp for Jews in Italy.
Other Finding Aid
The original German-language inventory is available in folder 1.
- Carlebach, Joseph, 1883-1942
- Federazione sionistica italiana
- Geneva (Switzerland)
- Gurs (Concentration camp)
- Hamburg (Germany)
- Lefor, Isidor
- Legal documents
- Lublin (Poland)
- Peisak, Manfrid
- Saint-Cyprien (Concentration camp)
- Theresienstadt (Concentration camp)
- Wolfermann, Adolf, 1916-
- Guide to the Adolf Wolfermann Collection, 1934-1962 AR 1957
- Processed by LBI Staff and Timothy Ryan Mendenhall
- © 2009
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- November 28, 2011 : Links to digital objects added in Container List.