Rosenzweig – Glatzer correspondence
Correspondence between Nahum N. Glatzer and members of Franz Rosenzweig’s family.
- Creation: 1924-1966, 1981
- Creation: Majority of material found in 1926-1938
Language of Materials
This collection is in German with some Hebrew.
Open to researchers.
Collection is digitized. Follow the links in the Container List to access the digitized materials.
There may be some restrictions on the use of the collection. For more information, contact:
Leo Baeck Institute, Center for Jewish History, 15 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011
The historian Nahum N(orbert) Glatzer (born 1903 in Lemberg, Galicia) was a student of Franz Rosenzweig. Glatzer was Professor of Jewish history at Brandeis University and chairman of its department of Near Eastern and Judaic studies. He died in Tucson, AZ in 1990.
Adele Rosenzweig was Franz Rosenzweig's mother.
Edith Rosenzweig-Scheinmann, née Hahn (1895-1979) was married to Franz Rosenzweig from 1920 until his death in 1929. They had a son, Rafael.
0.25 Linear Feet
- Guide to the Rosenzweig – Glatzer correspondence, 1924-1981 bulk dates: 1926-1938 AR 25809
- © 2009
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- The finding aid is in English.
- November 2018:: Links to digital objects added in Container List.