Albert Aaron Feldmann Collection
Questionnaire I + II of the Austrian Heritage Collection at the Leo Baeck Institute; photocopies of various materials, such as education records, emigration papers, and photographs pertaining to Albert Aaron Feldmann.
- Feldmann, Albert Aaron (Person)
Language of Materials
This collection is in German and English.
Collection is digitized. Follow the link in the Container List to access the digitized materials.
There may be some restrictions on the use of the collection. For more information, contact:
Leo Baeck Institute, Center for Jewish History, 15 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011
Albert Aaron Feldmann was born 1920 in Vienna, Austria, where he lived in the XIX. District, studying at Chajes Realgymnasium and then at the technical college Lehranstalt für Maschinenbau und Elektrotechnik. He also was active in various Jewish organizations, such as Austria’s Jewish boy scouts – ‘Juedische Pfadfinder Oesterreichs’ and the sports club ‘Makkabi Turnverein’. He immigrated to the US in August 1938 via Italy, continuing his studies at City College of New York ( 1939-40) and after WW II at George Washington University.
1 Folders (18 items)
Other Finding Aid
Inventory in file
Other identifiers include: MF 708.
- Archival materials
- Austria -- History -- 1918-1938
- Education, Higher -- Austria
- Feldmann, Albert Aaron
- Höhere Technische Bundeslehranstalt (Wien, 4)
- Jewish engineers
- Realgymnasium Zwi-Perez-Chajes-Schule der Israelitischen Kultusgemeinde (Wien)
- United States -- Emigration and immigration
- Vienna (Austria)
- Albert Aaron Feldmann Collection, 1920-1999 AR 11037
- © 2009
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English.
- April 2015:: dao link added by Emily Andresini.