Gisela Bloch Collection
Documents pertaining to Gisela Bloch and her ancestors, consisting of an 18th century travel journal, two friendship books, diaries, and some official records.
- Bloch, Gisela, 1925- (Person)
Language of Materials
This collection is in German and Dutch.
There may be some restrictions on the use of the collection. For more information, contact:
Leo Baeck Institute, Center for Jewish History, 15 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011
Gisela Bloch was born on November 15, 1925 in Cologne. She immigrated to the United States in 1938.
Folder 6 in the original paper collection holds the Hebrew and German (in Hebrew characters) prayer book ‘Makhsor ke-minhag ashkenaz le-rosh ha-shana ve-jom kippur’, Sulzbach, Seckel Arnstein, 1830, which belonged to the Bloch family and contains genealogical notes.
- Alba amicorum
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- Archival materials
- Biographical sources
- Bloch family
- Bloch, Charlotte, 1897-
- Bloch, Gisela, 1925-
- Burgsteinfurt (Steinfurt, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany)
- Cologne (Germany)
- Eichenberg, Ida
- Friendship -- Poetry
- Jewish families
- Jews -- Genealogy
- Jews -- Persecutions -- Germany -- History -- 20th century
- Manuscripts (documents)
- Travelers’ writings
- United States -- Emigration and immigration
- Inventory of the Gisela Bloch Collection, 1761-1939 AR 11010
- © 2009
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- The inventory is in English.