Skip to main content

L. Behrens & Söhne Collection

 Collection
Identifier: AR 11239 / MF 1588

Scope and Content Note

The collection holds materials about the company’s 175th anniversary in 1955.

Dates

  • 1955, 1967

Creator

Language of Materials

This collection is in German and some English.

Access Restrictions

Open to researchers.

This material has been digitized to expand access while protecting the materials from degradation through physical handling. Access to the original materials in the reading room of the Center for Jewish History in New York City will only be granted to users who can demonstrate a legitimate research need to do so. Please submit requests to view original materials via email to lbaeck@lbi.cjh.org and include a description of your research and an explanation of why access to the physical materials is necessary.

Use Restrictions

There may be some restrictions on the use of the collection. For more information, contact:

Leo Baeck Institute, Center for Jewish History, 15 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011

email: lbaeck@lbi.cjh.org

Biographical Note

L. Behrens & Söhne was founded by Levy Behrens and his brothers in Pyrmont in 1780. The company relocated to Hamburg 1806. In the beginning, the company was mainly involved in trading textiles from England, before evolving into an important private bank during the 19th century.

Extent

1 Folders : digital file

Abstract

The collection holds materials about the company’s 175th anniversary in 1955.
Title
Guide to the L. Behrens & Söhne Collection   AR 11239 / MF 1588
Status
In Progress
Author
Processed by LBI Staff
Date
© 2019
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the Leo Baeck Institute Repository

Contact:
15 West 16th Street
New York NY 10011 United States