Ludwig Bendix Collection
Scope and Content Note
The collection combines 2 large manuscripts by Ludwig Bendix about labor law in Palestine with 41 shorter ones that discuss legal matters; political issues in Palestine and in Germany during the 1940s; and other topics. Also included are copies of 52 published articles from various newspapers and periodicals.
The collection also holds a biography of Ludwig Bendix by his son Reinhard.
Ludwig Bendix wrote some of his articles under the pseudonyms Baruch Boker, A. Choser, and Tomtig. The manuscripts mention the following names:
John B. Andrews; William Beveridge; Baruch Boker; Madame Chiang Kai-Shek; A. Choser; John R. Commons; Clarence Darrow; Ernst Fraenkel; Sheldon Glück; Harold I. Laski; Karl Mannheim; Franz Neumann; Harold Nicolsen; Eleanor Roosevelt; Hjalmar Schacht; Irving Stone; and Ronald Storrs.
- Bendix, Ludwig, 1877-1954 (Person)
Collection is microfilmed, use MF 595.
There may be some restrictions on the use of the collection. For more information, contact:
Leo Baeck Institute, Center for Jewish History, 15 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011
Language of Materials
Collection is available on 1 reel of microfilm (MF 595).
See Reinhard Bendix, "A Memoir of my Father" in the Library.
- Archival materials
- Assimilation (Sociology)
- Bendix, Ludwig, 1877-1954
- Bendix, Reinhard
- Christian converts from Judaism
- Civil service
- Germany -- History -- 1945-1955
- Germany -- Politics and government -- 1918-1933
- Great Britain
- International Military Tribunal
- Jewish lawyers
- Jews -- Persecutions -- Germany
- Labor laws and legislation
- Münster in Westfalen (Germany)
- Publications (documents)
- War crimes
- World War, 1914-1918
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Reparations
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Underground movements
- World politics
- Guide to the Ludwig Bendix Collection AR 3380 / MF 595
- Processed by LBI Staff
- © 2009
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description is in English.
- February 2011: Links to digital objects added in Container List.