Skip to main content

Congregation B'nai Jacob Collection

 Collection
Identifier: AR 25095

Scope and Content Note

The Congregation B’nai Jacob Collection includes materials documenting the history of the congregation and includes bank statements, circulars, correspondence, documents, membership lists, minutes of Annual Meetings, journals containing information about the congregation’s cemetery, a prayer book, and rubber stamps.

Dates

  • 1945-1970s.

Language of Materials

The collection is in German and English.

Access Restrictions

Open to researchers.

Access Information

Collection is digitized. Follow the links in the Container List to access the digitized materials.

Historical Note

Congregation B’nai Jacob was founded in the Bronx, N.Y. in 1945. It was established as a religious corporation in 1946. The vast majority of the members were German Jews. The congregation operated well into the 1970s.

It is defunct now.

Extent

0.75 Linear Feet

Abstract

The Congregation B’nai Jacob Collection includes materials documenting the history of the congregation and includes bank statements, circulars, correspondence, documents, membership lists, minutes of Annual Meetings, journals containing information about the congregation’s cemetery, a prayer book, and rubber stamps.

Arrangement

The collection consists of a single series:
Title
Guide to the Congregation B'nai Jacob Collection 1939-1970s AR 25095
Status
In Progress
Author
Processed by Yakov Illich Sklar
Date
© 2011
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Description is in English.
Sponsor
as part of the Leon Levy Archival Processing Initiative, made possible by the Leon Levy Foundation

Revision Statements

  • March 2015:: Links to digital objects added in Container List.

Repository Details

Part of the Leo Baeck Institute Repository

Contact:
15 West 16th Street
New York NY 10011 United States