Deportations to Riga Collection
Scope and Content Note
This collection contains deportation lists from several German cities to Riga, which are arranged alphabetically by city. The lists record the following information about deportees: given name; surname; maiden name if applicable; birthdate and place; address and the date and place of individuals' last sign of life or their death. Lists are organized alphabetically by surname within each folder.
Language of Materials
The collection is in German.
Open to researchers.
Collection is digitized. Follow the links in the Container List to access the digitized materials.
There may be some restrictions on the use of the collection. For more information, contact:
Leo Baeck Institute, Center for Jewish History, 15 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011
The Zentrum für Antisemitismusforschung (Center for Research on Anti-Semitism) was founded in 1982 by the historian Herbert A. Strauss at the Technische Universität Berlin. It has both a library and an archive with a focus on collecting material related in a broad sense to anti-Semitism and related subjects, such as racism, National Socialism and right wing extremism.
0.25 Linear Feet
This collection comprises deportation lists from several German cities to Riga.
The collection is arranged alphabetically by city, then chronologically by deportation date.
Transcripts were prepared by the Zentrum fuer Antisemitismusforschung, Berlin.
- Berlin (Germany)
- Bielefeld (Germany)
- Cologne (Germany)
- Dortmund (Germany)
- Hamburg (Germany)
- Hannover (Germany)
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)
- Kassel (Germany)
- Leipzig (Germany)
- Lists (document genres)
- Nuremberg (Germany)
- Rīga (Latvia)
- Stuttgart (Germany)
- Technische Universität Berlin. Zentrum für Antisemitismusforschung
- Theresienstadt (Concentration camp)
- Vienna (Austria)
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Deportations from Germany
- Guide to the Deportations to Riga Collection 1941-1942 AR 25096
- Processed by LBI Staff
- © 2012
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description is in English.
- Edition statement
- This version was derived from Deportations_to_Riga.xml
- January 31, 2013 : Links to digital objects added in Container List.
- August 23, 2013 : Edits made to two dates in container list.