Windmueller Family Collection
Scope and Content Note
This collection contains a copy of a privately printed genealogical chronicle of the Windmüller family and of the Jewish community of Beckum, as well as original materials regarding the Windmueller's resettlement from Germany to the United States, including appraisal and sale documents for their factory in Beckum. In addtion, Series III consists of further legal, financial, and official documentation of Windmüller family members, in addition to some correspondence, newspaper clippings, and family trees. Much of this material relates to the family's properties and marriages, as well as some material that pertains to family members' experiences in the 1930s and 1940s.
- Majority of material found within 1935-1938
- Windmueller family (Family)
Language of Materials
This collection is in German, English, Dutch.
Open to researchers.
Collection is digitized. Follow the links in the Container List to access the digitized materials.
There may be some restrictions on the use of the collection. For more information, contact:
Leo Baeck Institute, Center for Jewish History, 15 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011
1 Linear Feet
This collection contains a copy of a privately printed genealogical chronicle of the Windmüller family and of the Jewish community of Beckum, as well as original materials regarding the Windmueller's resettlement from Germany to the United States, including appraisal and sale documents for their factory in Beckum.
Series III: Addenda was added to the collection in November 2016. During processing some folders were found with original order, including numeration indicating some files were originally ordered chronologically. Therefore, Series III was arranged in two subseries to keep these files together in their original order.
- Beckum (Warendorf, Germany)
- Clippings (information artifacts)
- Genealogical tables
- Germany -- History -- 1789-1900
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)
- Jewish families
- Legal documents
- Manuscripts (documents)
- Notes (documents)
- Official documents
- Rheda (Harsewinkel, Germany)
- Right of property -- Germany
- United States -- Emigration and immigration
- Windmueller family
- Windmueller, Fred
- Windmüller, Samuel Abraham
- Guide to the Windmueller Family Collection, 1765-1984, bulk 1935-1938 AR 4012
- Processed by LBI Staff and Timothy Ryan Mendenhall
- © 2010
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- March 20, 2012 : Links to digital objects added in Container List.
- November 22, 2016:: Series III: Addenda added to the collection by Dianne Ritchey.
- January 04, 2018 : Links to digital objects added to Box 3 in Container List.
- January 29, 2018 : Links to digital objects added to Box 2 in Container List.