Julius Morgenroth Collection
Scope and Content Note
This collection contains a large number of letters from the immunologist Julius Morgenroth to his family, especially to his wife Getrude née Bejach. There are also a number of additional letters from other Morgenroth and Bejach family members, and a small amount of letters from Morgenroth's professional colleagues and acquaintances, many of which are located in the folder of condolence letters. A letter from Ferdinand Lassalle to his uncle M. May is also present in folder 7. Other materials in this collection include several photographs of Morgenroth and his colleagues, a few family photographs, school and professional papers, and a small number of family and personal documents.
- Majority of material found in 1868-1925
Language of Materials
This collection is in German.
Open to researchers.
Collection is digitized. Follow the links in the Container List to access the digitized materials.
There may be some restrictions on the use of the collection. For more information, contact:
Leo Baeck Institute, Center for Jewish History, 15 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011
Born in Bamberg in 1871, Morgenroth collaborated closely with Paul Ehrlich during the early 20th century and was the director of the Department for Infectious Diseases at the Robert Koch Institute in Berlin. Morgenroth died in 1924.
0.5 Linear Feet
This collection contains a large number of letters from the immunologist Julius Morgenroth to his family, especially to his wife Getrude née Bejach. Correspondence from other family members and professional acquaintances is also present, as are some photographs and a small number of personal and professional papers.
- Bamberg (Germany)
- Berlin (Germany)
- Black-and-white photographs
- Family papers
- Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
- Jewish physicians
- Lassalle, Ferdinand, 1825-1864
- Morgenroth, Gertrude, 1884-
- Morgenroth, Henriette, 1849-1923
- Morgenroth, Julius, 1871-1924
- Ochs, Siegfried
- Professional papers
- Robert Koch-Institut
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Medical care
- Guide to the Julius Morgenroth Collection, 1843-1954, bulk 1868-1925 AR 2499
- Processed by Timothy Ryan Mendenhall
- © 2011
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- March 26, 2012 : Links to digital objects added in Container List.