Ludwig Rosenthal Collection
Scope and Content Note
The Ludwig Rosenthal Collection includes Ludwig Rosenthal’s writings and genealogical materials on the Rosenthal family.
Included in the collection are manuscripts, a large amount of research materials for the book Heinrich Heines Großoheim Simon von Geldern, correspondence with publishers, archives, and other researchers.
Genealogical materials consist of copies of archival materials pertaining to the family members as well as materials dealing with the Bergen Jewish community as a whole.
- Creation: 1872-1873, 1941-1980s
Language of Materials
The collection is in German and English with some Spanish.
Open to researchers.
Collection is digitized. Follow the links in the Container List to access the digitized materials.
Ludwig Rosenthal was born in Germany in 1896. He wrote a number of books, most notably on Heinrich Heine and his family. He also wrote on the Holocaust and on the history of Jews in Germany.
2 Linear Feet
The Ludwig Rosenthal Collection includes Ludwig Rosenthal’s writings as well as genealogical materials on the Rosenthal family.
The collection consists of a single series.
- Guide to the Ludwig Rosenthal Collection 1872-1873, 1941-1980s AR 7282
- Processed by Yakov Illich Sklar
- © 2011
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description is in English.
- as part of the Leon Levy Archival Processing Initiative, made possible by the Leon Levy Foundation
- January 31, 2013 : Links to digital objects added in Container List.