David Tachauer Family Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection consists primarily of papers and documents belonging to David Tachauer. These include vital records such as identification cards and vaccination certificates, but the bulk of the material consists of documents like report cards and certificates originating from his primary and higher education. There are a few items pertaining to other members of his family, as well as a small amount of personal and professional correspondence. A second folder contains a smaller number of documents and records pertaining to the Löw family, related to the Tachauers by marriage. Finally, a third folder contains family trees and genealogical data compiled by David Tachauer and Dr. Siegfried Ascher.
- Tachauer, David, 1885-1976 (Person)
Language of Materials
The collection is in German and Hebrew.
Open to researchers.
Collection is digitized. Follow the links in the Container List to access the digitized materials.
There may be some restrictions on the use of the collection. For more information, contact:
Leo Baeck Institute, Center for Jewish History, 15 West 16th Street, New York, NY, 10011
The professor of mathematics David Tachauer (1885-1976) was born in Würzburg. He studied mathematics and physics at both the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität in Munich, and the Akadamie der Sozial- und Handelswissenschaften in Frankfurt, and was certified as a teacher and actuary before World War I. At the time of his army service during the War, he was married with 2 children. He and his family emigrated to Palestine in 1934 and settled on a kibbutz in Gvar'am, Gaza. Throughout his lifetime he was active in the Esperanto language community.
3 Folders (+1 OS)
This collection contains personal papers, correspondence, and vital records of David Tachauer and the Tachauer and Löw families, as well as extensive genealogical tables compiled by David Tachauer and others.
Other Finding Aid
An original, German-language inventory on six catalog cards is available in folder 1.
A photographic album has been removed to the LBI Photograph Collection.
- Familientafel der Nachkommen von Mendel Rosenbaum Zell by Tachauer, David, 1885-1976 ( Tel-Aviv: Ha’aretz Press, 1958? )
- Nachtrag zu der Familientafel der Nachkommen von Mendel Rosenbaum Zell by Tachauer, David, 1885-1976 ( Tel-Aviv: Ha’aretz Press, 1959 )
- Family papers
- Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
- Genealogical tables
- Israelitische Erziehungs- und Unterrichtsanstalt, Würzburg
- Kamen family
- Löw family
- Palestine -- Emigration and immigration
- Personal papers
- Rosenbaum family
- Tachauer family
- Tachauer, David, 1885-1976
- Vital statistics records
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Participation, Jewish
- Würzburg (Germany)
- David Tachauer Family Collection, 1885-1959 AR 4396
- Processed by LBI Staff and Timothy Ryan Mendenhall
- © 2011
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description is in English.
- March 2012: Links to digital objects added in Container List.
- March 25, 2014 : Links to digital objects added in Container List.