Guide to the Candiotti-Asher Family Papers
Identifier: ASF AR 24
Scope and Content Note
This collection was compiled by Saul Candiotti. It contains various family records and images. These include the marriage certificate and Ketubah of his parents, his mother’s naturalization papers, and an inspection of approval card for immigration to the United States of his maternal grandmother Rachel Asher. The collection also contains a picture of his maternal grandmother who was a midwife and a portrait of his paternal grandmother Rebecca Candiotti. The collection also includes a group picture taken at the Keter Zion Angora Society’s 21st anniversary.
- undated, 1913-1945
Language of Materials
The collection is in English and Turkish.
Collection is open to researchers.
There may be some restrictions on the use of the collection. For more information, contact: American Sephardi Federation, Center for Jewish History, 15 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011 email: ASFinquiries@cjh.org
The collection documents the life of Saul Candiotti's maternal and paternal grandparents from there immigration from Turkey to the United States, their marriages, and a glimpse into their lives during WWII and membership in the Keter Zion Angora Society.
2 Linear Feet (1 oversize box)
The collection documents the life of Saul Candiotti's maternal and paternal grandparents from their immigration from Turkey to the U.S., their marriages, and a glimpse into their lives during WWII and membership in the Keter Zion Angora Society.
This collection has been arranged in one series in alphabetical order by document type.
- Series I: Candiotti-Asher Family Papers
- Guide to the Candiotti-Asher Family Papers, undated, 1913-1945 ASF AR 24
- In Progress
- Processed by Michael D. Montalbano
- © March 2010.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description is in English.
- as part of the Leon Levy Archival Processing Initiative, made possible by the Leon Levy Foundation
- Edition statement
- This version was derived from Candiotti-Asher.xml
- 2018:: Additional physical processing and EAD clean-up by Janine Veazue.