National Jewish Welfare Board, Records
The collection documents the National Jewish Welfare Board's (JWB) evolution from an organization founded in 1917 to provide support for soldiers in times of war to an agency involved in all aspects of Jewish life both in the United States and abroad. In 1990 JWB recreated itself as the Jewish Community Centers Association of North America.
- undated, 1889-1995 (bulk 1917-1990)
- National Jewish Welfare Board (Organization)
Language of Materials
The collection is in English, Hebrew, Yiddish, Spanish, French, Italian, Swedish, German, Latin, Hungarian and Afrikaans.
1535.8 Linear Feet (1527 Hollinger boxes; 4 [16 x 20"] oversized boxes; 1 [20 x 24"] oversized box; 71 MAP folders, 4 film cans)
- Subgroup III: Veterans' Affairs, Series B: Commission on Jewish Chaplaincy, Subseries 9: Staff and Past Members, undated, 1942-1982 (bulk 1960-1974) *I-337
- National Jewish Welfare Board
- In Progress
- Processed by Dominic Grandinetti, Susan Earle, Cat Lea Holbrook, and Judi Garner (May 2001-February 2004), and Marvin Rusinek (November 2006-July 2007)
- © 2007
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Description is in English.