Achron, Joseph, 1886-1943
- Existence: 1886-05-13 - 1943-04-29
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Concerts, 1923, 1925, 1928, 1930
- Afternoon event in "Russischen Hof" in 1923, sponsored by the Verbündete Vereine für Mittelstandsfürsorge, evidently in Germany. Includes musical performances and declamations of poems by actress Maria ("Migo") Bard.
- Concert given by Jascha Heifetz and Efrem Zimbalist to celebrate the 80th birthday of Leopold Auer, in New York, in 1925
- Concert by violinist Mildred Bregor and tenor Harry Feller, in Boston, in 1930.
- Chamber music concert by the Stringwood Ensemble in New York, in 1925. Includes the premiere of Joseph Achron's "Children's Suite," written for the ensemble.
- Concert of cellist Gdal Saleski, in New York, in 1928. Two programs pertaining to the same performance. Includes the premiere of Joseph Achron's "Fragment mystique (on a Hebrew theme)."
אַחראָן, יוסף / Achron, Joseph, undated, 1923-1928
Localities: Berlin, Boston, Danzig (Gdańsk), Haifa, Jerusalem, New York
Programs and invitations pertaining to concerts featuring Achron performing on the violin, with the works typically including his own compositions and arrangements. Also includes: flier, in German, containing excerpts from press notices, 1919-1923; and two publisher's fliers, one advertising his translation of N. Rimsky-Korsakov's Practical Manual of Harmony. 16 items.
אַכראָן, יוסף / Achron, Joseph, undated, 1923
Localities: Berlin, Hamburg, unspecified (United States)
Programs for a Jewish musical evening, with Achron as both performer and director; and for a reception evening at which he performs, along with Leonid Kreutzer and Mafalda Salvatini; and program notes from a performance in the United States, after 1927. 3 items.