Meyer, Arthur S. (Arthur Simon), 1880-1955
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Collection contains materials pertaining to the development of the Committee. Members of the Executive Committee included Arthur S. Meyer, A.K. Cohen, Horace M. Kallen and C.J. Austrian.
The General Jewish Council was an umbrella organization founded by the American Jewish Committee, American Jewish Congress, B’nai B’rith, and Jewish Labor Committee in order to coordinate their rights defense activities.
The bulk of the records in this collection date between from 1938-1944, the active years of the Council. Materials consist primarily of correspondence, minutes, memoranda, and reports.
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Discrimination -- United States 1
- Emigration and immigration 1
- Equality before the law 1
- Financial records 1
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) 1
- Libel and slander 1
- Memorandums 1
- Minorities -- Legal status, laws, etc 1
- Minutes (administrative records) 1
- New York (N.Y.) 1
- Noncitizens -- United States 1
- Pittsburgh (Pa.) 1
- Printed ephemera 1
- Refugees 1
- Reports 1
- United States 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Jews 1 ∧ less