Ticktin, Max D.
- Existence: 1922-06-30 - 2016-07-03
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains the papers of Arthur J. Lelyveld, a Reform rabbi and activist. The collection mostly covers Lelyveld's life from 1933-1950, focusing on his work to provide aid to Jewish conscientious objectors during World War II. The papers also focus on his work as a rabbi in Ohio and Nebraska.
This collection contains the papers of Rabbi Gerald Serotta, a founder of Breira and the New Jewish Agenda. The materials found in the collection date from the 1970s and 1980s and mostly document the founding of and controversy surrounding Breira and the founding of the New Jewish Agenda.
- Arab-Israeli conflict -- Peace 1
- Circular letters 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Conferences 1
- Conscientious objectors -- United States 1
- Draft 1
- Fliers (printed matter) 1
- Hamilton (Ohio) 1
- Jewish radicals 1
- Jews -- United States -- Attitudes toward Israel 1
- Newsletters 1
- Omaha (Neb.) 1
- Pacifism 1
- Sermons 1
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Israel 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Conscientious objectors -- United States 1 + ∧ less