Jewish Child Care Association of New York
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
The Hebrew National Orphan Home Alumni Association Records document the activities from the establishment of the association in 1925 until its demise 2011. The records consist primarily of the Association's newsletter, The Alumnus, programs of reunion events, meeting minutes of both the general meetings and the association advisory board, newspaper and magazine clippings, oral histories on audiocassettes and videotapes, alumni writings, scrapbooks, correspondence, and a few photographs.
This collection contains files relating to the history, mergers and functions of the Association, By-Laws (1960), Committees' records, President's reports (1949-1952), Executive Director's reports (1949-1952), Treasurer's reports (1945, 1948-1949), annual reports (1972, 1984-1990), and papers re various activities, including Childville, Edenwald, Foster Home Department (including material from the European Jewish Children's Aid Project), Friendly Home for Girls, Girls' Club Group Residence, Pleasantville, Psychiatric Clinic, Social Services Department, Sylvan Stix Workshop, and Vocational Services. Includes also statistical reports (1946-1970), and Studies on the Association (1949-1972), the Manual of Policies and Procedures (1972), and files on child care conferences, property sales, annual dinners, awards and ceremonies, the 75th anniversary celebration, the 150th anniversary celebration, Herman W. Block, the Child Care Alumni Council (1954-1964), the League to Aid Hebrew Infants (1948-1953), studies and papers by Association staff, memos, publications ("P.C.S. World," "Bulletin," "Our Children," "JCCA journal"), promotional material, photographs, and voluminous scrapbooks.